When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

DSSD V5. Am I being too picky?

mastrmindalliance

WOW...That really sucks! I guess I've got it good over here in Hong Kong...At least I've got the advantage that I can just take a quick zip on the train and be right where they're made, and pick my own out in person ;)

Hi, I have received this V5. It has the worst quality control of any rep I

Guest techlogik

Correct Mahler :) As you can see the ringlock is off by a bit :(

Good job on that photo and overlay.

Also, the print is slanted still on all of them.

Look a the bottom 'Officially Certified' and follow the bottom. With the naked eye, it is obvious also, and then you notice the Rolex block at the top is also...the whole print block is tilted.

The one marker near 10 is crazy...all bent looking...haha...

Just get good straight dial photos next time, post them up for us to look at.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RETRACTION : I think there is a lot of artifacts in the pictures on this page. The crown seems ok on ET`s pages!!!!!!!!

I have been in contact with the QC department, and they WILL fix all the flaws... And afterwards I will get a high resolution shot directly from the front... Will post that so you can see if they did a good job :D The customer service have been very kind to me at least, and they really apreciate the illustrations I sent so they can grasp the problems.

It is imperative to explain correctly when dealing with QC issues IMO..

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

RETRACTION : I think there is a lot of artifacts in the pictures on this page. The crown seems ok on ET`s pages!!!!!!!!

I have been in contact with the QC department, and they WILL fix all the flaws... And afterwards I will get a high resolution shot directly from the front... Will post that so you can see if they did a good job :D The customer service have been very kind to me at least, and they really apreciate the illustrations I sent so they can grasp the problems.

It is imperative to explain correctly when dealing with QC issues IMO..

I agree but surely you dont need a qualified or knowledgeable person to spot uneven inscriptions, slanted marker, uncentred pearls, misaligned crowns. This is basic QA surely the pics presented for clients should be without these very basic flaws.

And if you do consider the watch of poor finish or quality it goes without saying that the pics of the resolved issues should be reposted without specifically needing to ask. Surely its implied by virtue of the pics being posted in the first place for customer comments.

The issues with the DSSD seem to be reoccurring consistently so this shouldnt be the responsibilty of the individual to identify but the company who must by now be knowingly providing these watches given the feedback here, Is that not after all the reason why most of us are prepared to pay the higher costs than that of other trusted dealers and one of the benefits promoted by ET.

Here is part of QC commitment by ET from their website

To ensure that you receive what you've ordered in a top notch state our High Quality Control includes but not limited to:

What to Expect:

- Checking for crooked markers

- Checking the lume

- Checking the pearl if it is acceptable

- Checking the overall quality

- Checking the bracelet / clasp

- Checking if the movement is exactly as ordered/advertised

(New ETA for instance and not a copy/second grade ETA)

- Checking if all functions work like it normally would (we do not however check if the watch keeps good time)

- Checking the bezel

- Checking the dial (no dust, dirt)

- Check the date and days if applicable (1-31)

- Check if all screws can unscrew

I just hope the watch I receive meets this minimum standard as I wasnt given the follow up photos to show the resolution of issues I raised when my order pics were posted.

I agree but surely you dont need a qualified or knowledgeable person to spot uneven inscriptions, slanted marker, uncentred pearls, misaligned crowns. This is basic QA surely the pics presented for clients should be without these very basic flaws.

And if you do consider the watch of poor finish or quality it goes without saying that the pics of the resolved issues should be reposted without specifically needing to ask. Surely its implied by virtue of the pics being posted in the first place for customer comments.

The issues with the DSSD seem to be reoccurring consistently so this shouldnt be the responsibilty of the individual to identify but the company who must by now be knowingly providing these watches given the feedback here, Is that not after all the reason why most of us are prepared to pay the higher costs than that of other trusted dealers and one of the benefits promoted by ET.

*snip*

I just hope the watch I receive meets this minimum standard as I wasnt given the follow up photos to show the resolution of issues I raised when my order pics were posted.

I totally agree. Offcourse I am not retracting ALL my statements :) The ringlock is still off, and the dial could be better (being changed) And yes! The QC is lacking when it crops up all over the board.

However... I will post the new QC pictures when they come :D (If they come)

And you should PM Helina or Neo about not getting new QC pics. Unacceptable!!!!

WOW...That really sucks! I guess I've got it good over here in Hong Kong...At least I've got the advantage that I can just take a quick zip on the train and be right where they're made, and pick my own out in person ;)

LUCKY YOU, maybe you should become a dealer and treasure pick us some real winners ;)

mastrmindalliance, you CANT wear that, I WOULDNT wear that. Even a non WIS would pick that out.

However... I will post the new QC pictures when they come :D (If they come)

And you should PM Helina or Neo about not getting new QC pics. Unacceptable!!!!

Look forward to seeing those improved pics

To late for me mate!! When I chased up to find out the score on my disapproval, I was told they sent it already but had sorted the issues. Just not in aposition to agree with that statement until its in my hand now!

Sort of defeats the purpose of the QA procedure!!

LUCKY YOU, maybe you should become a dealer and treasure pick us some real winners ;)

mastrmindalliance, you CANT wear that, I WOULDNT wear that. Even a non WIS would pick that out.

Absolutely my point. Yes they all have tells, faults and inconsistencies, but the one I received was beyond that; with faults you could pick from across the room.

Gladly, after this posting, they agreed and I have returned it for full store credit.

Still, a pain in the [censored] and a bad experience though...

edit: Ar$e is censored and ass isn't? lol.

What the Hell is wrong with Eurotimez? Now they screwed me too. I rejected my order because of obviously slanted print on the dial. They insisted the print was not slanted even though a blind person could see it, but said they would cancel. Now they just sent me a shipment notice. I can't believe this. They better believe there will be a claim with my credit card company. Unbelievably bad business practices. They should be banned from the forums.

Edited by Toobs

Wow, I thought this thread would be about some fly-by night dealer, NOT EuroTimez! I can say that my experiences with ET has always been very good, and communication with all there, especially Neo, has been fantastic. This is another reason why supporting this forum is such an important thing for all of us to do. Not only is it a great place to hang out, but a valuable service on so many levels. Thanks to RWG for being here for us all.

What the Hell is wrong with Eurotimez? Now they screwed me too. I rejected my order because of obviously slanted print on the dial. They insisted the print was not slanted even though a blind person could see it, but said they would cancel. Now they just sent me a shipment notice. I can't believe this. They better believe there will be a claim with my credit card company. Unbelievably bad business practices. They should be banned from the forums.

I was a little [censored] when I wrote this and may have been too hasty. Eurotimez did tell me they would refund, so I was a bit surprised to see a shipment notice from them. However, this may have been an error. I haven't heard back from them yet, so I don't want to jump the gun. And if this is an error, my apologies to Chris.

regards, John

Edited by Toobs

Uh, apologies! I jumped the gun and am more than a bit embarrassed. Chris and Helina are taking care of it. I do really regret being hasty.

thanks, John

Remember that we ask all of the NOOBS to do their homework and read up on things here so as to avoid surprises and problems.

And this is what they have to read if they follow our advice.

I'm not sure I see any real resolution here, such as photos of the satisfactory replacement watches which should have been sent in the first place.

It's just a bunch of warm touchy-feely promises.

Have the promises been kept?

Let's see the results.

Carl