When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Best Flat 3's?

LIBBY!

Libby,

To my knowledge for flat top 3 DW's there are only the Watchmeisters' and Eurotimez. Watchmeisters are all gone now, let me check my parts box and see if I have one sitting around. Can't give you feedback yet about the silver Eurotimez as for fit. My ding against the ET DW is the base is not brushed but polished (which makes it harder to read), we'll see how it looks when its installed in my 1655.

I know Slatlibartfast had a DIY version he printed on a water transfer decal -might want to ping him for advice/help.

Just got this from Chris. Any comments?

very interesting. if you could get chris to brush the metal beforehand, it would be even better. i have a spare genuine silver datewheel for the 1575 and would be willing to take some close up pics for him to get a sense for what it looks like if he would be interested in taking on the project / helping push through the changes to the factory...

let me know ;)

deltatahoe

I have 2 of Chris's flat tops en route & I agree that (proper) brushing of the metal would ice the cake. But having that flat-top 3 is the main attraction & as long as the alignment is correct, I will not complain.

By the way, is that a scratch I see in the datewheel? :shock:

No it is not a scratch, it's the transparent tape that hold the overlay to that piece of brown paper!

BTW what is the best way to mount the overlay on the datewheel?

BTW what is the best way to mount the overlay on the datewheel?

I have mounted several DW overlays, and the best adhesive I have found is simply Prit Stick. I apply small amounts onto the original DW using the tip of a watchmaker's screwdriver.

This method allows several attempts at re-alignment before setting, and also allows you to remove the overlay easily if you want to tinker about some more a few weeks later.