When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Singapore

kent2

I was just in Singapore last week, and the place is terrific if you're shopping for gens, both new and second-hand. I didn't spot a single rep, unless you count an RXW Marina Militare. Maybe you could go see Spinmaster about an old Daytona?

The Singapore guys were extremely helpful when I asked for their help.

Edited by LHOOQ

Sometimes they pop up at the "thieves market" along Kelantan Lane still. But that's the only main place I know they can be found. Generally though, quality is crap and you're better off from the dealers. Reps in Singapore brick & mortar stores nope.

Gens & 2nd hand, a big thriving market, with some interesting exotic gens you'd never have guessed to be here in Singapore appearing.

Yeah, along the walkways of Lucky Plaza, no? ;)

Out the front of the Thai Embassy.

I reckon Singapore would be a good place to be pick up a used gen because the fashion concious types have to do something with their old watches when they tradeup.

I reckon Singapore would be a good place to be pick up a used gen because the fashion concious types have to do something with their old watches when they tradeup.

I spent half a day going to the second-hand watch stores in Singapore. By far, the best visit was at Heirloom Gallery (near Clarke Quay), which had an amazing selection of vintage Omegas, among other brands. I was very tempted to get the SM300 I've long wanted, but their prices were on the high side. Other highlights include trying on a PAM 082 at Visiotime (Raffles Place), drooling over a JLC Polaris at Passions (Funan Digitalife), and staring mournfully at a not-for-sale 1016 Explorer at Top Hour (Lucky Plaza). The last stop did have a practically-new 1655 for SGD 20,000, which wasn't exactly in my price range! It was gone a day later. I wouldn't have known about these places if it weren't for unregistered and a bunch of other locals helping me out.

Of course, I didn't buy anything from the stores above, since I was after a watch I've wanted for quite a while. Took a bit of work and a lot of luck, but I finally got my Diver:

728920484_t2WZn-X3.jpg