When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Breitling Skyland Avenger on rubber, V1

AllergyDoc

Picked this up from submersible24 on RG last weekend. It's a V1. My understanding is the V3 is the better of the 3 models as it corrected most of V1's faults. I had a V2 but the sloppy lume dots ended up bugging me too much so I sold it last year.

This V1 was very well made, very solid. The lume is very good: a 15 minute charge is sufficient to read the time at 4:30-5:00. Even the tiny hour markers are visible. :) The rubber band, which is new, is pretty stiff. I've ordered a leather strap from Panatime. Hopefully it will be thick enough to support the watch head.

Overall view:

4161291294_e0769ed70e_o.jpg

Pearl and bezel (bezel is very well made):

4161291114_c4011b0efa_o.jpg

4161290986_1ce6fcee29_o.jpg

Very good AR, IMO:

4161290726_ebe9d969d6_o.jpg

I think the pushers are a bit longer than the gen:

4160534193_c1349690aa_o.jpg

4160534021_f2fb72264e_o.jpg

Squished lume dot at 3:00 and lume dot at 12:00, where there's not supposed to be a lume dot (neither bother me):

4160533845_14ba6bd193_o.jpg

AR is blue at certain angles:

4160533613_d7ea4bd43c_o.jpg

Wristie:

4160531519_c0a6371e13_o.jpg

I thought it was a nice pickup for $175!

As I recall, the V2 bezel felt cheaper, had a rattley feeling when I turned it. And the lume dots were sloppy and lumed very poorly.

Is that a general downside to the V2 or is it possibly that you had an above average V1 and below average V2? It's just I have ordered a V2 Black Steel 'Ultimate'!

Is that a general downside to the V2 or is it possibly that you had an above average V1 and below average V2? It's just I have ordered a V2 Black Steel 'Ultimate'!

The blacksteel is a different watch. I don't know that much about them. Have you read the reviews in this section?

That's a nice Skyland. I've gotten bit of a Breitling bug lately and been considering Skyland.

Super Avenger is an impressive watch in many ways (I know how big it is) but I can't help but think how clumsy it looks. Skyland, however, is very nice.

nice watch Doc. the member known as Submersible24 has had a torrid past on the boards. Glad to see you got your watch - perhaps he has escaped his past g.gif

:mellow:

I'm glad I got it, too. He put a lovely Super Avenger up for sale on RG: Gen dial and Pro 2 bracelet. Stunning, but $1,100. :o

The Skyland is much better balanced on the rubber band than the rep bracelet, IMO. It doesn't feel so "weighty" or top-heavy.

i seem to of got the Breitling bug aswell.

my skyland is in the post now but after a week its still saying "left origin country"

i got let down with one that was a private sale,otherwise it would be on my wrist right now.....gutted.

Ive got to say AD,that one looks mighty fine.

I have my V3 black dial on the leather with deployant, it feels great on it!

Tend to swap between the leather and black Sharkskin! Mmmm, I love sharky sharky!!

The bezel on mine is solid and feels real good, the pearl is nice and even and I'm told the lume is pretty good too.!

All round top choice!

Sixx :bones:

My favorite! I own a Graphite V3. The Skyland is the perfect watch for me, I love it. Wear it well. V1 should have a stout movement. Great pics, btw.

That's a nice Skyland. I've gotten bit of a Breitling bug lately and been considering Skyland.

Super Avenger is an impressive watch in many ways (I know how big it is) but I can't help but think how clumsy it looks. Skyland, however, is very nice.

You simply will not regret it. I can't put into words how nice it is, so maybe this will help. One of your favorites, two of my favorites. ;)

SDC10004.jpg

SDC10007.jpg

SDC10040.jpg

SDC10042.jpg

On a $25 leather band from Panatime:

4173463224_7696ae50b6_o.jpg

4173463298_422d40ccff_o.jpg

4172705545_16ae07fa03_o.jpg

4172705637_232b973ec7_o.jpg

Strap is not as thick as it needs to be, especially as it tapers towards the buckle. The keepers are flimsy. I bought the extra long strap so there's plenty to go through both keepers.

I think the rep calf straps for Breitling are better, but this one will do for now. I feel better wearing the Skyland to the office when it's on leather.