When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

PAM Fans Enjoy this one

Watchmeister

Eddie Lee on right, gen on left?

Doc

I have to say yours has to be the best avatar for me. Everytime I read one of your posts all I can see is Peter Sellers typing profusely on a laptop whilst trying to control his arm from flailing out and breaking his PAM watch sitting over his black gloved wrist....! Thank you the image is truly priceless! :D

Doc

I have to say yours has to be the best avatar for me. Everytime I read one of your posts all I can see is Peter Sellers typing profusely on a laptop whilst trying to control his arm from flailing out and breaking his PAM watch sitting over his black gloved wrist....! Thank you the image is truly priceless! :D

And every time I see yours, I can see Malcolm McDowell taking that laptop and hurtling it to the ground, shattering all over its owners, who happen to be tied up in a corner of the room. All the time a bit of Ludwig van playing in the background, of course. He then takes a bat to the rest of the bobbles in the room, stopping only to admire a PAM on a desk, but then quickly continuing with the destruction (after pocketing the PAM, of course). Can any of us truly be cured?!? :D

Dluddy gets a gold star. It will take a while to get it together but 2010 should be a good year for the Pre-V folks. ;) Now picture that case with a FGD dial, proper CG and perfect strap pins. Oh, and lest we forget with the proper PVD coating from the folks who did it the last time. My crystal ball tells me that with all the wonderful projects going on within the forum it should be a reality in 2010.

Awesome, keep us in mind! Appreciate it!

That is the idea. I can always get one or two made to order for a very high price (picture a smith starting with a block of steel and slaving over a lathe, etc.). That is what we have here. The Smith did it with a gen in hand as the model. A couple of more skilled members than I will run this down the CNC route after Christmas. Once the costs of CNC are sorted out we will see the level of interest. Knowing that all the other parts (dial, cg, casebacks, etc.) are or will be made by other members this would be the final piece of a complete puzzle. I am very happy with the case itself and that should be easily reproduced. The properly sized double screws are on the way now but I am concerned that reproducing those pieces may jack up the cost.

The level of interest will be HIGH!!!

I am hopeful. As is always my intention would be to organize it as a group buy if the demand is there. The more the merrier (and cheaper). :lol: But seriously, it is more a numbers game as to how low it can be priced. Once I have the strap pins finished I will let the more competent members assist in finding the write CNC shop. The case can be done by any simple machine shop with a 6-axis machine. The pins may well require a "micro-machine" shop (read as a guy with a very expensive machine).

:whistling:.. Promised I wouldn't say.. but now.. the originator can say.. :1a:

Depends on the cnc methods required for a given run size so the demand will influence price a great deal. We will need to have more discussions with the cnc guys but 300+ would be a good guess.

I am hopeful. As is always my intention would be to organize it as a group buy if the demand is there. The more the merrier (and cheaper). :lol: But seriously, it is more a numbers game as to how low it can be priced. Once I have the strap pins finished I will let the more competent members assist in finding the write CNC shop. The case can be done by any simple machine shop with a 6-axis machine. The pins may well require a "micro-machine" shop (read as a guy with a very expensive machine).

Wow!! This is great news kruzer! I am down for at least 2-3 cases. Please let us know when the cases will be ready for sale! :)

I normally post over at RG. Maybe I should keep my eye on rwg since there always a few interesting things going on here as well ...

Edited by R_Squared