When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Holiday Raffles..Digital Camera

lanikai

With all the talk of free or not..I thought I would put this topic to rest.. and run a Raffle, so it will be open to ALL members.. so this is a way you can give back to this community and help RWG be here for ALL.. :1a:

Since we are first and foremost a site where you can come and be safe.. well.. kinda.. unless you choose to troll... :troll2vk::lol:

this will be a Multiple prize raffle with a little extra thrown in..

Pre-owned Cannon digital camera..

2 Omega reps.. donated by Chris/Eurotimez

and possibly another rep by yours truly that has never been worn or wound for that matter... I'll havta look see what I have left ;)

The Cannon digital camera along with the other prizes will be shipped anywhere.. but no replacement will be claimed if lost in the mail.. ***knock on wood,although it has not happened... we are not equipped to handle that issue*** :lol:

I will post pics of the Camera.. It is mine, and was used briefly until I was lured to the Nikon .. so it has not been "worn" alot .. but is not brand new..I'll throw in the case also.

So for anyone that wants to take watch pics but does not have a camera.. now is the time to score one..

This will be a "for donation" ticket raffle .. we are in need of winter usage rent..RWG is "lights on" 24/7~365 days a year..

the selection of winners will have to be sorted out as our software does not accommodate multiple winners.. been there tried that...

suggestions will be welcomed..constructive ones PLEASE =@:)

I will post pics and details this week..

thank you ALL

AC/Lani B)

Thanks for setting this up Lani.

If you are stuck coming up with a solution for multiple winners. You might want to run the Raffle similar to the ones on "RG".

They use http://www.random.org/ and various screen captures to prove no foul play. LMK if you need more info on this... You can even take it a step further and do a "Live Stream" with something like http://www.ustream.tv/.

HTH

Thanks for setting this up Lani.

If you are stuck coming up with a solution for multiple winners. You might want to run the Raffle similar to the ones on "RG".

They use http://www.random.org/ and various screen captures to prove no foul play. LMK if you need more info on this... You can even take it a step further and do a "Live Stream" with something like http://www.ustream.tv/.

HTH

We can use what ever to show the membership that the raffles are on the up and up.. with single raffle winners.. I have no doubt of the software honesty ..but this may be an option for a multiple drawing.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Wow Lani...your dedication and generosity...what more can be said than that your support of the forum is truly reflective the support it and the team that runs it and keeps it alive deserves. Thanks for giving endlessly to this great place. You know I'm in on this one...let me know if there's any way I can help.

Wow Lani...your dedication and generosity...what more can be said than that your support of the forum is truly reflective the support it and the team that runs it and keeps it alive deserves. Thanks for giving endlessly to this great place. You know I'm in on this one...let me know if there's any way I can help.

"We" make this place what it is.. all of us..

I also have some straps that Omni donated to the forum.. and I'm sure I can dig up a lot of other goodies..

let's make this one a big BASH to end 2009 and welcome in 2010

this one will be BIG with many prizes for all..

OK Lani,

One of the prizes will be a tool kit from Watch Bitz.

ToolkitV2.jpg

It contains-

1/ Dust blower- Small and compact, with a s/s nozzle.

2/ 2 pr Venus tweezers- Swiss made, quality tweezers, in sizes 12 & 14.

3/ Screwdrivers/set of 5.This is a very good driver set.

4/ Bracelet Pin pusher- A great little unit, comes with 2 spare pins

5/ Hammer, this one is pretty much the standard around town, and there isn't much better.

6/ Loupe with wire. A wire headband with a 6X loupe, as the most appropriate.

7/ Case back tool. We have decided to include our popular Multi Point tool for this task.

8/ Also included is a "crab claw" case back opener.

9/ 2 x movement holders.

10/ 1x watch case holder. These are very well engineered, and come with non marring brass posts.

11/ Case back knife, A Bergeon style tool in a black protector pouch.

12/ Spring bar tool, Again our industry standard model.

13/ Polishing cloth. Good quality cleaning cloth for glass and acrylic.

14/ Tub of grease, Indispensable in any tool kit, a small tub of silicone grease for O rings and countless other jobs.

15/ A good quality and attractive travel pouch is provided to safely store and transport your tools.

Included is airmail post to anywhere on the planet.

Offshore-Watch Bitz.

This is a great prize thank you A. !!!! :Jumpy:

I just received mine and now bezels are a snap to remove.. so easy with the case back opener.. but what I like about it the most is the bag itself !!!

Good shtuff..

I'll pick up the camera tomorrow and take some pics of it..

L

seeeeeems very interesting :)

excuse my ignorance but was does a 'for donation raffle' mean that you will be able to pledge anything for your ticket? or will there be set prices for tickets?

J

Thanks for asking.

This raffle will be set ticket prices, again for those that wonder what these raffles do..

every cent that these raffles and the supporter/plati donations bring, go to our usage fees... absolutely nothing is used elsewhere...

Our servers are offshore .. and considering the hobby that this forum caters to.. the measures are necessary for the security of our community as well as individuals.. the usage fee is unlike "sponsored" foras..and by sponsored I am referring to the foras that are sponsored by the genuine brands.

therefore, we are self supporting through donations..our supporters/platinum members.. all of this is used to support our fees to keep the board going.. without these donations we would be in serious jeopardy, as everyone has utility bills.. so does RWG.

To show you all the character of our Admin.. he messaged me to plese not use my own resources for raffles,.. and I am grateful for his gesture.. as T. is not about taking from members .. but we need to be responsible for our own usage..

and I do this for all of us and no one will ever use these donations for personal use... ever..

So in short this raffle will have tickets "for sale" at a nominal cost.. the prizes will be many .. all donated.

AC/Lani