When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 127

senator

Needs to be flatter and more flush like this... (modded rep cg)

Is this mod something you would expect say with a DSN or Sead? or one that would be required

can you make more photos from your CG and CG-lever end? Is The lever-end round like a gen ?

Your CG ist the best REP-CG I've ever seen. Respect.!!!!

Is it an EL CG?

is this standard AR or VAC? Looks very strong to me. DSN like...??!!!

I would be surprised if its DSN, the ones I see have a very strong blue tint on the glass at this angle.

can you make more photos from your CG and CG-lever end? Is The lever-end round like a gen ?

Your CG ist the best REP-CG I've ever seen. Respect.!!!!

I spent a lot of time reworking the standard rep cg. Lever end (the part that contacts the crown) was rounded, then polished to reduce friction.

AR was removed. Couple of more pics...

fiddy03.jpg

fiddy04.jpg

fiddy02.jpg

fiddy015.jpg

I spent a lot of time reworking the standard rep cg. Lever end (the part that contacts the crown) was rounded, then polished to reduce friction.

AR was removed. Couple of more pics...

fiddy03.jpg

fiddy04.jpg

fiddy02.jpg

fiddy015.jpg

The watch looks awesome....

I have a PAM 127 too and have sent the CG to The Zigmeister to have a new flat pin inserted and lever stiffened up.

How did you remove the Blue AR??....this would be my final thing to do.....

Thanks in advance...

The watch looks awesome....

I have a PAM 127 too and have sent the CG to The Zigmeister to have a new flat pin inserted and lever stiffened up.

How did you remove the Blue AR??....this would be my final thing to do.....

Thanks in advance...

I was looking for a tip for this and found a few answers - Some use a brillo pad or scotch brite (but only if its crystal) another suggested acetone, and another a buffer wheel and paste.

I found a guy who suggested Stainless steel polish fortunately I had some in the cupboard and the AR came straight off no problem, that was on DSN's AR. It also doesnt damage the case if you just want to do the outside of the crystal.

4208141083_e8149b2c10.jpg

4208140333_f9d6014117.jpg

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply....you have a beautiful watch too.

My AR coating will be on the inside though won't it?....I thought the fiddy's all had the AR coating on the inside only?

I can't even get the movement out at the moment as my screwdriver set doesn't seem to suitable.

Hi Pete,

Thanks for your reply....you have a beautiful watch too.

My AR coating will be on the inside though won't it?....I thought the fiddy's all had the AR coating on the inside only?

I can't even get the movement out at the moment as my screwdriver set doesn't seem to suitable.

Thanks mate,

Your right with the AR, I just meant generally with the outside. You need to get to Watchbitz in the trade section for all your screwdriver needs. The movement seems simple to remove and is shown in the tutorials on RG. I couldnt find it on here.

My mate did it and he isnt a DIY guy, remove CG, the back screwed off using a guys tip on here using a scrunched up ball of sticky tape pressed firmly onto CB, Then turn screw near crown pin about a turn and a half this releases the crown from the movement and case (dont go to far with turns as this engages keyless operation apparently) Then there are two screws on the edge of the movement about 11 oclock and 5 oclock these hold a bracket that holds movement to inside of case. Remove movement wearing some rubber gloves just prise it out gently place away carefully and then remove AR as suggested. Then repeat actions in reverse.

Anyway thats a quick answer but trust me it is easy just take your time and be careful not to lose screws etc. Have a good work surface with a cloth etc.

I am sure other guys on here can explain much better than me but thats how we done it.

Apologies if this is a thread crap

Hi Pete,

Thanks very much but I've found a service by Fine DD on RWI that will remove the AR and likely put his own AR on.

So happy days!

If your in EU dont forget Domi :thumbsupsmileyanim:

CG was rebrushed as well with progressive grits plus crown teeth edges sharpened and re-polished.

Really admire your CG work - could you please explain how do you "progress" grits, do you go from finer grit to more coarse ones or other way round, and do you polish first ?

regards

Really admire your CG work - could you please explain how do you "progress" grits, do you go from finer grit to more coarse ones or other way round, and do you polish first ?

regards

180 to 360. Strips of sandpaper were glued to a flat surface and the cg was brushed in one direction only (NEVER go back and forth) using a strip of wood as a guide. The cg is laid on the sandpaper strip with the feet against the guide, pressing down on the cg with my thumb and forefinger drawing the cg towards me with even pressure. The guide is the key to having the brush strokes consistent and perfectly parallel to the case. The pin was flattened and polished by a machinist friend.

• 1 year later...