When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

How do I report this scammer on Ebay?

PeteM

Thanks

I did it but I kept selecting the wrong options but got it right in the end. It kept thinking I had bought it!! I must of been having a bald moment.

They dont give you many characters to describe issues.....

Do they get back to you with decision or does it just get taken off assuming it does that is....

Sometimes Ebay responds pretty fast to reports of fraud, sometimes they seem to ignore it. Some brands like Rolex, have staff who do nothing but watch Ebay and other auction sites. If they call, it disappears in a flash.

One of the best deterrents in the past was the ability to contact the bidders and warn them that they were bidding on a fake. Ebay in it's infinite wisdom, chose to make all bidding anonomous by using the coded bidder information. They claimed it protected bidders, but in my estimation, all it protects are the scammers who frequent Ebay.

Another thing, buyers are idiots sometimes. Greed gets in the way of good sense. This seller has 20 feedbacks. Go in and look at what they are, DVD's ,Xbox games, he's buying Ebay seller templates, etc for 2 cents each!! this guy has a total of 20 transactions and the total dollar value of all 20 combined is not 100.00 USD. He's running up positive feedback to make folks think he is legit.I wouldn't buy a Timex from an Ebay seller with that sort of vague seller history. Some poor greedy fool is about to get a harsh reality lesson. The item is relisted, probably because the first buyer realized it was a fake and threatened to open a PayPal dispute. If he could prove that it was a fake, Ebay would ban the seller, who would immediately register with a different user name, Email address, Etc. But he would lose all his hard won + feedbacks.

I hate Scammers

Arthur

I just hate the idea of this bloke getting this money for his overvalued crap and some poor bas**rd getting that rubbish in the post, especially at Christmas!

For all the tells mentioned I thought the sizing might give it a sus look I thought a 125 was a 40mm

:thumbsupsmileyanim: Thanks, I dont know why but this seller has really got under my skin!

I reported again myself. I am not sure why they limit you to so few characters in the message box!

Whats VRO?

Six hours to go and almost 800 Pounds. As I said before some poor sap is going to be a giddy happy buyer, until the watch arrives and he shows it to someone who knows something about PAM's.....then, he ain't going to be so happy. Hopefully he wil be smart enough to take it to and expert and have it checked out before his return time expires.

Ah! Another key scammer trick, I just went back and looked at the auction "No Returns accepted". No legitimate watch seller sells without a return privlage. He will have to open a case with Paypal and Ebay and maybe in a few months he gets his money back, but I wouldn't count on it. I bet this seller has had multiple Ebay ID's. He pulls off a big scam, gets banned and resurfaces in a few weeks witha new ID, sells 30 DVD's and wala, he has 30 + 100% Feedbacks, ready for the next replica sold as a genuine.

Arthur

I wonder if the high bidder is really pi...sed off that this bargain was removed right before he won it. He should be grateful that there are a few folks out here who care enough to spend their time trying to get the scammers off Ebay, and to protect the idiots who refuse to do their homework, and ignore all the warning signs that start with "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't" Good work guys

Arthur

I wonder if the high bidder is really pi...sed off that this bargain was removed right before he won it. He should be grateful that there are a few folks out here who care enough to spend their time trying to get the scammers off Ebay, and to protect the idiots who refuse to do their homework, and ignore all the warning signs that start with "if it's too good to be true, it probably isn't" Good work guys

Arthur

I dont suppose he will ever realise, if he was daft enough to bid he probably thinks the guy himself has stopped the auction!

I would give a few quid to be a fly on the wall at the sellers place, bang goes some of his Xmas plans!! :rofl:

Six hours to go and almost 800 Pounds. As I said before some poor sap is going to be a giddy happy buyer, until the watch arrives and he shows it to someone who knows something about PAM's.....then, he ain't going to be so happy. Hopefully he wil be smart enough to take it to and expert and have it checked out before his return time expires.

Ah! Another key scammer trick, I just went back and looked at the auction "No Returns accepted". No legitimate watch seller sells without a return privlage. He will have to open a case with Paypal and Ebay and maybe in a few months he gets his money back, but I wouldn't count on it. I bet this seller has had multiple Ebay ID's. He pulls off a big scam, gets banned and resurfaces in a few weeks witha new ID, sells 30 DVD's and wala, he has 30 + 100% Feedbacks, ready for the next replica sold as a genuine.

Arthur

spot on panerai. I checked out his feedback too. these guys have to be traced by ebay better to protect the community. Last I saw the item it was up over 1200 pound. Can you imagine getting stung for that much! I wish I had watched the seller. I had the item listed to watch, but of course now it's gone, I have lost him too. I would have liked to check him out every now and then to see if he was having another go. -No faith in ebay....

great work guys!!