When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA Blacksteel

PeteM

I have been thinking about doing my own Super Avenger blacksteel.

I have a gen dial for swapping.

So my plan was to get a standard SA new or used. Possibly a V1 as I have a gen bezel somewhere.

Then to get the case etc PVD coated or possibly DLC'd as it can by CC'd to give a PVD finish and is a far as I know give a better lasting finish.

The only thing is I hate rubber straps both in look and feel so I was wondering if I could PVD or DLC a gen bracelet, is it practical to do given the screws links etc? If so does one coating suit this over the other? has anyone done this already?

I think personally the pro1 would suit it better but what do you guys think?

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

I have been thinking about doing my own Super Avenger blacksteel.

I have a gen dial for swapping.

So my plan was to get a standard SA new or used. Possibly a V1 as I have a gen bezel somewhere.

Then to get the case etc PVD coated or possibly DLC'd as it can by CC'd to give a PVD finish and is a far as I know give a better lasting finish.

The only thing is I hate rubber straps both in look and feel so I was wondering if I could PVD or DLC a gen bracelet, is it practical to do given the screws links etc? If so does one coating suit this over the other? has anyone done this already?

I think personally the pro1 would suit it better but what do you guys think?

Any advice would be welcome. Thanks

What!?

You have a gen BSSA dial? From where? Details please!

Thanks!

What!?

You have a gen BSSA dial? From where? Details please!

Thanks!

It was luck more than judgement mate. I know a fella that buys and sells gens. We were chatting about stuff generally he mentioned about some parts he had... when it sunk in what he said about five minutes later!!! I said I'd have it! Thats it mate.

As I said pure luck.

It was luck more than judgement mate. I know a fella that buys and sells gens. We were chatting about stuff generally he mentioned about some parts he had... when it sunk in what he said about five minutes later!!! I said I'd have it! Thats it mate.

As I said pure luck.

Yeah, I thought so :(

Lucky you!

I'd get a V2 or a V3 SA and get the case and the buckle of the Pro Diver DLC'd by Avitt. Put the dial in, and you're good to go.

Greetz.

Edit: Misspelling.

Edited by yodap

Well they have been saying that for a while now but even if it did, the big thing for me is I dont like the OR strap or any rubber strap. So I would like to get a Gen Pro1 either PVD'd or DLC'd so it would need to match the rep finish. If its DLC I would need to do watch as well.

Plus I dont know if doing a bracelet is practical for either finish. I was hoping from my post someone might have experience of doing it.

I have PM'd Avitt about the DLC side of it on advice of FxrAndy.

thought there was post of a Pro1 bracelet coated here awhile back?!...hmmmmm....can't recall who/where?... :g:

Pete -- let's see the dial, man!...gen-envy...

R-

I had a look but couldnt see it.

When its in my hands I will post pics for a small consideration !!! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hackR's right, there was a post a few weeks back, it was about something else that had been coated but it linked to the bracelet coating.

Not sure if it was in Avitts sig or a link in the post, but it's definately around here somewhere, I'll try find it for you Pete.

I remember him saying he wasn't too keen on coating a bracelet because of how they are made up and also because it would be a different colour from the watch (watch was a V2 BS). In the end it all turned out very cool, has slightly differing shades from different angles. Sounded very cool!

I have a V1 SA if you want it bud and Vlydog is selling a gen Avitt DLC'd clasp in the parts sales I think it is!

I agree, I hate the rubber too, I just got BlackBard to make me a black gator strap with the correct colour red stitching! Something different than the 'normal' HKTan strap that Lani made famous!

Sixx :bones:

hackR's right, there was a post a few weeks back, it was about something else that had been coated but it linked to the bracelet coating.

Not sure if it was in Avitts sig or a link in the post, but it's definately around here somewhere, I'll try find it for you Pete.

I remember him saying he wasn't too keen on coating a bracelet because of how they are made up and also because it would be a different colour from the watch (watch was a V2 BS). In the end it all turned out very cool, has slightly differing shades from different angles. Sounded very cool!

I have a V1 SA if you want it bud and Vlydog is selling a gen Avitt DLC'd clasp in the parts sales I think it is!

I agree, I hate the rubber too, I just got BlackBard to make me a black gator strap with the correct colour red stitching! Something different than the 'normal' HKTan strap that Lani made famous!

Thanks I found it, it never dawned on me to check Avitts posts here is link

http://www.rwgforum....ting-bracelets/

Seeing those pics has made my mind up especially with the Pro 1, I like that. I just have to try and talk him out of his no bracelets policy!!!

Thanks again mate :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I just got my first Breitling, and made a custom Coach for this one. Super Avenger....One of the most beautiful pieces ever owned... I cant wait to see your new shoes fitted! Let me know when the package arrives!

to quote the "others" at RG: "this post is worthless without pix"...

@BB and Sixx -- strap pix, please!...(gotta see the BB Hktan Slayer BS Edition)

@Pete -- keep us informed...should be quite the piece...jealous, i am!...

@BB --> "1 Breitling, 1 Breitling only" (hunt for Red October parody quote) -- seriously, we've gotta work on your breitling style, ma man!...

R-

Can't wait for the BB strap to arrive, from what I'm told of the pics, it's going to look killer!!!

As soon as it's mounted there shall be pics a plenty!!

Pete, get back to me if you still want the donor SA.

Not a hugely positive response to Josh's pictures from the off! He really could have cleaned it up a bit before shooting them from what I can tell!

Weird to do another PVD job only to supercede it with (hopefully) a DLC'd version!?

I guess there will still be those who will buy both, think I'll wait for V2!

Pete, get back to me if you still want the donor SA.

Thanks mate, apologies. I heard from Avitt today he is happy to DLC bracelet and case with usual caveats (perfectly understandable) The main one is the bezel this will need to be removed.

As I recall the V1 has a removable bezel but the V2 doesnt although it can be dremelled off and replaced with gen but I think it needs a ring of some sort to recieve and work gen bezel.

Not sure case wise what others differences there maybe between v1 and V2

I have a gen bezel fortunately just need to find what and where this ring is.

Thanks again mate. I will let you know as soon as I am more aware of what the differences are.