When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Fake

JoJo35

The only reference that I have of a 2918 looks totally different. The one that I am looking at does not have red numbers, crown is much thinner, hands are black, and the sub dials are placed differently so that they overlap some of the other lines. Also I am not sure it is supposed to say chronogprahe on the dial. Of course maybe the 2918 that I have reference to is a different dial or a variation.

looking at a photo of and original, I see the following

Dial:

Rolex only on top, no Coronet, Antimagnetic is on lower side of dial not below Rolex. That's all the writing on the dial face except for the tracks

Both tachemeter track and telemeter track are incorrect, no red lettering

Swiss Made is like this "Swiss 6 made"

Only numbers on dial are 12 and 6

Dial color on the original is more tan, this one looks white.

Crown:

Totally incorrect, much too long, original is much thiner and larger in diameter

Hands:

Incorrect color Genuine are blued steel and are shorter and thinner and are not sword hands

Second hand has a round end, not the spear point like the Ebay watch.

These are the things I could tell from a small photo of the watch in my Iphone "100 Years of Rolex" app.

This one is pretty easy if you have access to a photo of the genuine.

Another thing, these watches are selling for 20K for a "fair" condition one to well over 100K for a watch in excellent condition. So the first big tip off to me would be the small fuzzy photo and only one view. No one in their right mind is going to buy a watch in that price range based on what this seller is showing. Also no one selling a genuine is ever going to start a watch like that at 1.00 USD with no reserve.

Another tip off is the seller has 34 total sales, with 2 Negatives and one neutral and both of those were related to watches he was selling. All his positives are for fake handbags and wallets, etc. This is the antithesis of "buy the seller first" He is Run like hell from this seller!

Arthur

looking at a photo of and original, I see the following

Dial:

Rolex only on top, no Coronet, Antimagnetic is on lower side of dial not below Rolex. That's all the writing on the dial face except for the tracks

Both tachemeter track and telemeter track are incorrect, no red lettering

Swiss Made is like this "Swiss 6 made"

Only numbers on dial are 12 and 6

Dial color on the original is more tan, this one looks white.

Crown:

Totally incorrect, much too long, original is much thiner and larger in diameter

Hands:

Incorrect color Genuine are blued steel and are shorter and thinner and are not sword hands

Second hand has a round end, not the spear point like the Ebay watch.

These are the things I could tell from a small photo of the watch in my Iphone "100 Years of Rolex" app.

This one is pretty easy if you have access to a photo of the genuine.

Another thing, these watches are selling for 20K for a "fair" condition one to well over 100K for a watch in excellent condition. So the first big tip off to me would be the small fuzzy photo and only one view. No one in their right mind is going to buy a watch in that price range based on what this seller is showing. Also no one selling a genuine is ever going to start a watch like that at 1.00 USD with no reserve.

Another tip off is the seller has 34 total sales, with 2 Negatives and one neutral and both of those were related to watches he was selling. All his positives are for fake handbags and wallets, etc. This is the antithesis of "buy the seller first" He is Run like hell from this seller!

Arthur

Yeah....so......is that the best you can offer.....sheesh.....Help a brutha out!

Merry Christmas Rocky Topper!!

All that info was from just looking at a photo on my Iphone. I have to say, the "100 Years Of Rolex' app is right handy, especially if you need to compare genuines to some that are trying to pass as genuine.

Cheers

Arthur

Merry Christmas Rocky Topper!!

All that info was from just looking at a photo on my Iphone. I have to say, the "100 Years Of Rolex' app is right handy, especially if you need to compare genuines to some that are trying to pass as genuine.

Cheers

Arthur

Nice work.....but I am a Boy from "Da Bayou".....ain't no rocky topper here.

Geaux Saints!