When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Genuine Tudor 9411 Snowflake/blue

lanikai

Why did they do that? Can't you find Tudor hands all over the place for cheap?

Supposed we should have xray eyes and know which movement is in the case and believe him...

It might be that when the watch was serviced, there weren't any Snowflake hands in the repair center, so they just threw on the Mercedes set... I do intend on using Snowflake hands to complete my project, but it means obtaining a Swiss movement as that's what the hands are sized for... All costs... I'm hoping to have the project completed by summer :)

Well guys this one is on the way to me. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I made a deal with the seller for a trade plus a little cash for a watch that was sitting in my watchbox gathering dust.

Here is the story as he told me. He traded a genuine Daytona w/ boxes papers, erc. to a collector in the SF bay area, the collector traded this Tudor and another Omega Chronograph plus a pile of cash. He told the buyer the watch was recently serviced at Rolex SF (And affiliate Service center not owned by Rolex) and what TeeJay said was exactly right. No genuine Snowflake hands were available, so they put Mercedes hands on the watch. Tritium to match the dial. So the plus is the watch has a recent complete service, the minus is I have to source a set of hands to make it correct.

So guys, does anyone have a source for Snowflake hands? I would really prefer to use the real thing rather than aftermarket, even though I know they are much more expensive. All help advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Arthur

Congrats Arthur :thumbsupsmileyanim: not a bad price considering what the gen is going for these days

what about the service center? an AD could probably hook you up.. it's like the hands I have on my ubifranken.. and if you wanted to match the hands.. you know da man.. :lol:

Well guys this one is on the way to me. :thumbsupsmileyanim: I made a deal with the seller for a trade plus a little cash for a watch that was sitting in my watchbox gathering dust.

Here is the story as he told me. He traded a genuine Daytona w/ boxes papers, erc. to a collector in the SF bay area, the collector traded this Tudor and another Omega Chronograph plus a pile of cash. He told the buyer the watch was recently serviced at Rolex SF (And affiliate Service center not owned by Rolex) and what TeeJay said was exactly right. No genuine Snowflake hands were available, so they put Mercedes hands on the watch. Tritium to match the dial. So the plus is the watch has a recent complete service, the minus is I have to source a set of hands to make it correct.

So guys, does anyone have a source for Snowflake hands? I would really prefer to use the real thing rather than aftermarket, even though I know they are much more expensive. All help advice would be sincerely appreciated.

Thanks

Arthur

Congratulations on a fine purchase :tu::1a: ClassicWatchParts has aftermarket Snowflake hands, but I wouldn't know where else to suggest... I'm sure someone will be able to point you in the right direction, best of luck :):good:

thanks guys, I have been thinking about a Blue dial /Insert for a long long time. I almost got one about 4 years ago, but the watch sold about 10 minutes before I could get to my computer to email the seller.

I would like to use genuine hands if possible, but I would consider really good aftermarket. Probably are going to need to have the hands relumed to match the dial. I really think this one with the correct hands and a correct bracelet will be a real keeper.

And a special big thanks to Lani. If he hadn't put up this thread, I would never have ever known about this watch.I seldom go over to TZ much anymore. I hate to window shop!!

Arthur

you didn't do half bad considering the hands are replacements. Interesting story told about the SF service center. Especially the bit about the "tritium" hands. Unless they were used hands they put on th watch (appears the hour hand is missing some tritium) I'd start to wonder. I'm certain they are "original" but would wonder if a yarn was told to make it appear that the watch was recently serviced (I've been through that many a time and unelss there is documentation to back it up don't believe it).

Depending on th serial # of that 9411, I'd actually bet that there is a STRONG possibility that those hands are ORIGINALto that watch. The late 9411 snowflakes actually came with Mercedes hands right before the switch to the diamond dial and the 76100 as I have seen numerous examples.

If you decide to switch to snowflake hands, you will be looking at around $200 for hands that need to be relumed and up to $400 for a set of original tritium hands. Or you could send your sub to the Sydney RSC as they have service snowflake hands for the 9401 and 9411. A vintage blue insert will run you around $300.

I would NOT put aftermarket snowflake hands on that sucker. Would you put an aftermarket bumper on a Porsche?

Arthur a 93150 bracelet would be perfect.. sheartime on the bay.. I think you can get one for around 500-600 usd ..500 would be a great deal.. I have one on my Ubi 9411.. love it..

congrats again.. I'm extremely happy it went to you !!!

AC/Lani

you didn't do half bad considering the hands are replacements. Interesting story told about the SF service center. Especially the bit about the "tritium" hands. Unless they were used hands they put on th watch (appears the hour hand is missing some tritium) I'd start to wonder. I'm certain they are "original" but would wonder if a yarn was told to make it appear that the watch was recently serviced (I've been through that many a time and unelss there is documentation to back it up don't believe it).

Depending on th serial # of that 9411, I'd actually bet that there is a STRONG possibility that those hands are ORIGINALto that watch. The late 9411 snowflakes actually came with Mercedes hands right before the switch to the diamond dial and the 76100 as I have seen numerous examples.

If you decide to switch to snowflake hands, you will be looking at around $200 for hands that need to be relumed and up to $400 for a set of original tritium hands. Or you could send your sub to the Sydney RSC as they have service snowflake hands for the 9401 and 9411. A vintage blue insert will run you around $300.

I would NOT put aftermarket snowflake hands on that sucker. Would you put an aftermarket bumper on a Porsche?

Gavidoc

Thanks for the tips. I would bet that you are correct, looking at the photo, it looks like the crystal has a chip at around 4-5 O'clock. It would have never left a service center like that, would it? It may have been serviced, but who knows when. I don't have the serial# but I should have the watch by Wednesday.How would I go about sending to The Sydney RSC? I'm in the USA. Would they take a watch from the USA? Also, what would the service cost with the proper Snowflake hands?

Supposedly this insert was put on when the watch was serviced. The seller is very reputable with tons of sales on TZ and other forums. He took the watch in trade just a few days ago, so he only has the sellers story to go on.

I will wear it like this for a long time,before I would put 30$ hands on this watch. I will either send it to Rolex, or try to find some genuine hands and get someone to match the lume.

thanks again

Arthur

If you want to have it taken care of in OZ you would have to find an accomodating member here to assist.the cost to have it serviced would be comparable to here n the US. Around $600. They could even install a new bracelet.you have a REAL sub. Find an AD that has a parts account and order a bracelet. If it is a good AD they won't charge you a markup.

Example: I can get 380b endlinks for my subs from my AD for $50. Not the $150-$200 on the vintage market for used ones.

I would not touch it though except to try and find a vintage insert. It is not uncommom for tritium tudor hands to be a different color from the dial.

Saw your post with your serial # on another forum. Very strong possibility of them being original based ont he serial. 9411's were stopped in the 96XXX range which puts this right at the tail end of production. They started in on the 76100 right after that. IF you can, pop the back, you might be surprised and find a 2824 movement instead of a 2784. That happened some too as there was some parts swapping around that range. The early 76100's had 2824's but had 9411 casebacks. Just like the early 7016's had a 7528 caseback (even though the 7528 was never produced).