When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Mont Blanc Timewalker From Joshua/Perfect Clones

bjl3910

Ok, this is my first review so please be kind. I also welcome any pointers that you may have. I chose the Mont Blanc Timewalker Chrono for my first review as it is the watch that I know the most about and because I just happened to have recently purchased another one. I also think that it more than qualifies as a SUPER REP . I feel like this watch doesn't get enough attention on the forums. To me it's one of the best OUT OF THE BOX reps This one happens to be Rose gold plated with a silver/white dial on a brown croc strap. I should preface this by saying that this is the watch that got me into reps. I've been an admirer of these watches for some time now & I've always felt like they were very classy and understated watches.

This particular one came from Josh. I also wanted to take a moment to say a few words about the purchasing experience with Perfect Clones(Josh). I ordered the watch on Dec. 18, and got it on Dec. 28. Not bad when you consider that it's Christmas. I was very impressed with Josh, and I will be doing almost all of my shopping with him from now on. The whole process was a breeze. They answered all my questions and responded promptly to my emails.

WRISTIE.jpg

This model has the Asian 7750 movement, with running seconds in the 9 o'clock position. I have taken the advice of some of the members here and have already dropped this watch off to be serviced. I was told that this movement really needs to be serviced right out of the box. Upon receiving the piece, I did check to make sure that it was functioning properly, and it was. The crown wound smoothly and the chronograph pushers were also smooth and seemed to be very sturdy. The general feel of the watch, the buttons and crown was one of quality. Like you could feel how well made it was. Here is a picture of the crown and buttons. And again forgive my photography...I'm still learning.

MBTWCROWN.jpg

The chronograph functions properly and resets back to 12, regardless of where I reset it from. I am however following The Zigmeister's advice about only resetting it from between the 12 and 2. But so far no problems. The chrono's big second hand sweeps smoothly on this watch. On one of the other Timewalkers I have, the motion is more jerky. But fortunately this one was smooth even before servicing.

The overall design of the watch is very impressive. The watch is thick, but due to the lugs curving down and towards your wrist, it has a very comfortable feel that makes wearing it very pleasant. The strap that came with it is the only real negative, and honestly it's not too bad. I will however be purchasing a gen strap from the Mont Blanc store in my area. The watch comes with a tang buckle that is pretty nice too. The buckle is actually sort of like the lugs on the case. They are skeletonized for lack of a better word. The display caseback is my girlfriend's favorite part of the watch. They have done a great job there. The detailing is great. The rotor is engraved with the correct markings and spellings. The rotor bearing assembly is also pretty close to the stainless steel gen, but differs somewhat from the gold gen. Not sure why the people over at Mont Blanc do that...

MBTWCASEBACK.jpg

The dial is ridiculously good. All the fonts are right and with the exception of the sunken date wheel, which is common on many reps using the Asian 7750, the dial is exceptional. I read the post on here about fixing that and it seems like more trouble than it's worth. 2 other seemingly small details that ARE correct on this model are the finish beneath the lugs and inside the buckle and the number of markers between the numbers on the dial. On both this rep and the gen, the surfaces under the lugs and inside the sides of the buckle are not polished but rather brushed-looking. The markers on the dial is something of a mystery. It is my understanding that on all models that say Chronometer underneath Mont Blanc on the dial, there should be 4 markers. On all the older models that read Automatic there should be 3. I am guessing that they were copying an older model and therefore it says AUTOMATIC and DOES have the correct 3 markers between each number marker.

MBTWDIAL2.jpg

Overall, this is by far my favorite rep, and I bought it from what has now become my favorite dealer. (THANKS JOSH) I would recommend it to anyone that was considering adding it to their collection. I would also strongly suggest looking at the gold plated model. It is a real head turner. People can't take their eyes off it. So that's it, I hope you enjoyed my review. All criticisms are welcome. I want to get better at this, so please let me know how I did.

Oh and a couple of more things, on the day that I got this watch, I wore it around town. I had three people stop me and tell me how pretty it was. So this watch is definitely a crow pleaser. Second, I have actually worn my stainless steal Timewalker into the AD and had THEM put a new band and deployant on it...they had no clue. Just goes to show you that reps are getting scary-good and that clerks in the AD are usually clueless. LOL.

Edited by bjl3910

Thank you for taking the time to put this together..

the Montblanc is a highly underrated replication.... the Sport diver is a great rep also,..I have the PVD/SS version of the Timewalker..

to expand on what Hike states.. the reason for our not wearing reps into AD's no matter what.. are many .. but the bottom line is no matter how good we think the rep is .. AD's take a dim view of them for obvious reasons..

You are not the first and won't be the last..

things like these happen often in our hobby.. "mistakes are learning opportunities" :thumbsupsmileyanim:

thanks again.. great review of a stunning rep.

AC/lani

Hey Brian nice review. I give you a lot of credit for putting together such a great effort your first time out, nice job Indeed :thumbsupsmileyanim: I had never seriously given the MB TW much consideration. I have to admit that It's a beautiful piece and I really do want one now. I agree with Lanikai, very under rated. Thanks for your fine contribution. Those pics are also very nice, great detail. Talk to you soon Brian, Happy New Year :drinks: Mike

I have the stainless, silver dial rep. My only complaint was the strap, it's worse than pleather, I can't even describe it, was surprised it could bend. Immediately picked up a panatime alligator strap for it.

I have seen pics of a gen model with a slightly green hued AR coating , looks sweet, no AR on the rep.

I know what you mean. The photos on my review are with the rep strao that came with the watch, and yeah its horrible. I picked up a brown and black croc strap from the Mont Blanc boutique in Atlanta about a month ago. You could buy a couple of nice reps for what the straps cost.LOL. But man do they make all the difference in the world. I also have the stainless model with the silver dial, and I have the SS rep w/ black dial on SS bracelet. I really love the Timewalker line. I am going to pick up another one, Gold with a black dial and put a gen brown strap on it. I have been noticing a lot of gens in Watch time that are gold w/blk dial on brown straps. Its a great look. What do you think? I think this may be my next Timewalker...hell I am going to end up with one of each model.LOL.

mbtw.png

Hey B...just saw this after my PM to you. Hah hah. Great write-up...keep 'em coming. The MB's are truly under-rated...another one of those pieces that looks a level up when seen in person!!

Hey, thanks! I will be sure to do that. I am going to get one of the MB Pilot's Chronos or GMT at some point and I'll be sure to get some pics and info on it as soon as I do. Happy New Year!!!

This really is a nice watch. I have a quartz gold/black Flyback which also is well made and good looking.

I have been eyeing the Timewalker for some time. Really wanted the gold/black as well (because the sunken DW would be less of an issue with black on black), but now I have seen the Stainless steel on the back I don't know. I really do wonder why the factories do not send their products to someone who can read before they make such blatant mistakes.

Perhaps a Steel with white/gold dial??

Great to get these reviews. I hate it when I only discover such mistakes when it is in my hand.

This really is a nice watch. I have a quartz gold/black Flyback which also is well made and good looking.

I have been eyeing the Timewalker for some time. Really wanted the gold/black as well (because the sunken DW would be less of an issue with black on black), but now I have seen the Stainless steel on the back I don't know. I really do wonder why the factories do not send their products to someone who can read before they make such blatant mistakes.

Perhaps a Steel with white/gold dial??

Great to get these reviews. I hate it when I only discover such mistakes when it is in my hand.

I actually saw the error prior to buying this watch. You can see it plain as day on Josh's website. That was one of the reasons I waited so long to purchse the watch that actully got me into reps. I bought the SS one and then said to hell with it. I don't care really. I mean I am not trying to fool anyone, especially myself. I like the way it looks and I actually get compliments on it. I can tell you though that the sunken date wheeel is really on non-issue on the black dial. The color of the dial hides the shadow pretty well. Its a good watch, you should pull the trigger on one. Hey, its income tax return time, treat yourself. LOL. I know I am about to waste a pile of inccome tax money on watches. Happy New Year man.