When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Iwc Portugesier Chronograph 7750

Guest TTK

@Ryaku......overall impressions are very favourable....obviously I can't make a direct comparison with another dealer's version....that wouldn't be fair.....never having seen one...but my comments would be as follows regarding the one I have.

1. Casework is excellent.....polished lugs and bezel contrast nicely with the satin finished case sides ( very high quality....none of the usual striation marks ).....!

2. The dial is superb...with clean crisp printing....the gold arabic indices set the dial off beautifully....as well as the slightly contrasting sub dials......the hands are very well made and look good on the stack.

3. The caseback is highly polished and the International Watch Co. and serial engravings are very crisp......the caseback is held on with screws that show well cut slots and look very good quality.

4. The strap is a nice quality strap....but like all leather rep straps....cannot be compared to a highh quality generic strap that you would find on a genuine......buckle is very good ...but being a deployant fan...I would switch it out.....!

5. Overall it's really quite a simple watch externally....not overcomplicated like the case on a 187 for example.....the difficulty with a watch such as this is comvincing people that it IS a high quality item.....when you hold a real IWC / Lange / Patek for example......they convey a a feeling to you....a vibrancy.....a sort of 'aura' that they exude.....replica watches find it difficult to capture that.....the IWC does capture a large slice of that 'aura'......and I believe the only time it relinquishes it.....is when that ever nagging thought enters your head..."does it look good enough to pass muster"........let me put it this way......if someone gave it to you and you were advised that it was genuine......you'd have no doubts.

If I was on a plane home and unaware that a new reproduction of this model was available.......if a fellow passenger had one on.....I would have no hesitation in believin that it was genuine......a side by side comparison would really be the test....but that's not a likely occurrence.

The final conviction for me...is based on my own thoughts.....if I own a genuine that has been very well repped.....I sell the genuine and buy something else that hasn't been repped.......I don't have a genuine of this IWC......but if I did....I wouldn't.

Edited by TTK

@Ryaku......overall impressions are very favourable....obviously I can't make a direct comparison with another dealer's version....that wouldn't be fair.....never having seen one...but my comments would be as follows regarding the one I have.

1. Casework is excellent.....polished lugs and bezel contrast nicely with the satin finished case sides ( very high quality....none of the usual striation marks ).....!

2. The dial is superb...with clean crisp printing....the gold arabic indices set the dial off beautifully....as well as the slightly contrasting sub dials......the hands are very well made and look good on the stack.

3. The caseback is highly polished and the International Watch Co. and serial engravings are very crisp......the caseback is held on with screws that show well cut slots and look very good quality.

4. The strap is a nice quality strap....but like all leather rep straps....cannot be compared to a highh quality generic strap that you would find on a genuine......buckle is very good ...but being a deployant fan...I would switch it out.....!

5. Overall it's really quite a simple watch externally....not overcomplicated like the case on a 187 for example.....the difficulty with a watch such as this is comvincing people that it IS a high quality item.....when you hold a real IWC / Lange / Patek for example......they convey a a feeling to you....a vibrancy.....a sort of 'aura' that they exude.....replica watches find it difficult to capture that.....the IWC does capture a large slice of that 'aura'......and I believe the only time it relinquishes it.....is when that ever nagging thought enters your head..."does it look good enough to pass muster"........let me put it this way......if someone gave it to you and you were advised that it was genuine......you'd have no doubts.

If I was on a plane home and unaware that a new reproduction of this model was available.......if a fellow passenger had one on.....I would have no hesitation in believin that it was genuine......a side by side comparison would really be the test....but that's not a likely occurrence.

The final conviction for me...is based on my own thoughts.....if I own a genuine that has been very well repped.....I sell the genuine and buy something else that hasn't been repped.......I don't have a genuine of this IWC......but if I did....I wouldn't.

Effin hell............you've been hangin around that finishing school in Pattaya again, haven't you?

JTB

Its obvious that this is the replica we (well at least some of us oldtimers) have been waiting for for quite a while and YES I would very much like to buy it from you Neil.

So what strap did you decide put on this beauty Neil? :) I guss the replica to be sold will not be delivered with such an expensive hide....

g. :)