When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Prodigal Son Returns

freddy333

The watch used as the initial test bed for the powdered graphite treatment was returned to me tonight. Oddly, not due to any mechanical problems, but, instead, because its owner simply tired of it. Not only is this infamously unreliable Asian Rube Goldberg chronograph still keeping good time 2 years hence, but, more importantly, its previously wandering hour totalizer seems to have corrected itself. Or, at least, it has not wandered from its (12 o'clock) null mark in the 5-6 hours the watch has been residing on my wrist

004-2_2__tonemapped1-3.jpg

So, it seems that what I initially thought might be a very temporary band-aid for ailing secs @ 6 Daytonas has turned out to be a practical & long-term remedy.

The watch used as the initial test bed for the powdered graphite treatment was returned to me tonight. Oddly, not due to any mechanical problems, but, instead, because its owner simply tired of it. Not only is this infamously unreliable Asian Rube Goldberg chronograph still keeping good time 2 years hence, but, more importantly, its previously wandering hour totalizer seems to have corrected itself. Or, at least, it has not wandered from its (12 o'clock) null mark in the 5-6 hours the watch has been residing on my wrist

004-2_2__tonemapped1-3.jpg

So, it seems that what I initially thought might be a very temporary band-aid for ailing secs @ 6 Daytonas has turned out to be a practical & long-term remedy.

It's very nice to know that this mod does work!