When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sec@6 Daytona

tonyp1

For reference, both of my original secs @ 6 Daytonas (nearly 5 & 4 years old now) are still running fine. Though neither sees alot of wrist time.

the older 7750's for whatever reason did.. or does still perform better in the Daytona's.. go figure.. the A7750's was the Daytona's fall..

Last year, 1 or 2 members did just that (install gen 116520 dial into 1 of Josh's Daytona reps). Were it not for the fact that the rep dial is so accurate, I would have done the same thing. But you would end up spending alot of cash for little in return. You might search out By-Tor's excellent review of the 116520 for more or my You can build a nearly perfect Daytona (or something like that) mini-tutorial (note that some of the links listed in the article may have changed, so you may need to do a bit of additional research to locate their current locations).

I've got a crazy Daytona question. Let's just say I had a gen Daytona (current model of course) dial laying around. Would it fit on a rep Daytona that I got from WBK recently. HOpe that's enough info, I can probably find the link to it if needed.

A genuine 116520 dial will not fit any Swiss or A7750 as the hour/minute center pinions for the hands are simply too large for the dial to fit; the gen dial for the 4130 has a much smaller center hole, as the pinions on the 4130 are the same size as a 4030's. The rep dials on these are already quite good as Freddy mentioned, but unless you do the graphite fix or have the plate coated, you stand to risk having a nice looking paper weight.

This is why I opted to do the 16520 with El Primero movement instead; less worry and gen parts fit perfect :)

IMG_6916.jpg

IMG_4480.jpg

The El Primero 400 signed Ebel 134 came NOS, movement only from the factory. Paid around $800 for it a few years back.

The El Primero 3019/400 signed Movado came from a donor watch:

IMG_3609.jpg

IMG_3650.jpg

I had the 3019 serviced by the Zigmeister, as the donor watch was quite old.

Dials are gen, as are the bezels, hands, crowns, etc.

194_9473.jpg

202_0299.jpg

All assembly on both watches was performed by me on my work 'bench'. Doing the work myself saved a bit of cash in the process :)

I no longer have the black dial Daytona, though it now resides with a good friend of mine. They're a lot of fun to build, and even more fun to wear and enjoy -_-

Cheers!

//ubi