When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Titanium Breitling Seawolf

Mickey Padge

Here is my old school, titanium Breitling Seawolf. A rare bird now, as it has not been replicated to this quality for a few years. I have it on a genuine Breitling leather strap, but do also wear it on the ti bracelet, unlike most of my steel bracelet watches, it is so light! B)

This one I had Domi look at (thanks Domi!), and now it uses an ETA 2836 movement with the better Breitling style date font, not stock ETA....

Pictures, click to expand!

dsc02960y.th.jpgdsc02962n.th.jpgdsc02966z.th.jpgdsc02967y.th.jpgdsc02969f.th.jpg

dsc02970c.th.jpgdsc02971o.th.jpgdsc02973q.th.jpgdsc02972.th.jpgdsc02974k.th.jpg

dsc02960.jpg

As you can see the crystal has been double AR coated too, not sure who's process it was, but it is very durable and effective! Plus you have just got to love that bezel, the open 4 and crisp clean engravings, nice pearl shape too, sweet! It really is a stunning watch, I really wish the rep factories would re-visit it, and re-create it to this high standard, unfortunately the current ti Seawolf pales in comparison :D

The only problem is that it struggles to find my wrist, mainly because of my genuine Breitling Steelfish! :lol:

I was toying with the idea of putting it up for trade for some other rare bird or modified piece, and I am hoping you guys can talk me out of it!

Comments and observations welcome! ^_^

Ah thanks guys, I was wondering where everybody was! :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I think you guys are probably right about not selling, it would be tricky to say the least to replace this, unless I found a gen maybe, but they are pricey too, as Breitling don't make them any more either....

Maybe the only thing that would tempt me would be a Breitling titanium chrono Avenger? They are pretty sweet too, and HackR's fantasy pictures were amazing. Cool how the Skyland dial just dropped in like that, fantastic results too! Although if I had one I would be searching for a genuine dial each and every day! :lol:

MP - nice way to "market" a piece...just saying... :whistling:

it is a beauty...but these pieces are so rare, i'd keep it and drop in a gen dial...with the Seawolf you really need to use the rep rehaut and the gen dial to close the gap caused by the rep crystal being less than the 4+mm thickness of the gen crystal...

seawolf6.jpg

gen CA dial?!....hmmmmmmmm....now that is a good idea...why didn't i think of that?!... ;)

cabluegen.jpg

R-

Well I got the general response I thought I would, which was, DON'T SELL! :)

Probably right too, but I have an itch for the genuine, and I really can't afford one, every time I wear this rep the temptation gets stronger! With my rep SFSO I had the same issue and that lead to a genuine purchase! :p

Hey is that yours CA dial? If it is a really look forward to seeing it installed, the CA with a gen dial is so close to gen, especially with a Breitling date font too! B)

I will keep an eye out for your future posts on the matter :thumbsupsmileyanim:

yes, sir - on the gen CA dial...that's why i've been playing around with skyland transplants...

altho - i have to tell ya, the grey skyland dial in the v1 CA case - while a fantasy - looks great...i almost like the look better than dropping in the blue gen dial...also have been toying around with dropping the gen blue CA dial into a skyland case...both would be fantasy - but definitely good looking pieces...we'll see...and yes, my friend, pix will be posted when it all comes together...

hence the posts to trade my other grey dial skyland for a blue dial skyland...need the hands...either that, or i'll get them painted...

R-

absolutely shocked that a month or so ago, a member was selling a pristine old skool ti Seawolf with gen dial and that it sold for around $525usd, I believe...almost bought it just for the investment since i'm lucky to have both the CA and Seawolf v1s...

what still puzzles me is that more members don't buy the polished ss v1 CA that Josh and a few others sell...it's the identical watch as the v1 ti CA, but in polished ss...and now that we know Skyland dials and gen CA dials swap in, you have more options...the v1 ss CA comes in black and white dials...i have the white dial...the bracelet is also a Pro 1 with polished and brushed links...very sharp, IMO...

my v1 ss CA below....and links to Josh's offerings...

R-

bca0.jpg

Josh white dial v1 ss Chrono Avenger

Josh black dial v1 ss Chrono Avenger