When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Is my Skyland a V1 or V2?

WatchnRoll

If it is V1 then I am [censored] because I ordered a V2 from Joshua.

However, there are some details that seem odd....

The subdial stem is not white on mine as they say it should be on V1....

also, the B on the side by the 55 n the outside of the bezel is engraved...not etched...

Also, the dot at the 3 is not a half dot like some of the V1s I have seen.

The 1 on the 15 tab rider does look more like a V1...

Its hard to tell but If I paid for V2...I want a V2...

Any others to chime in before I go back to Joshua a little angry...

re-photograph the face of the watch without such a bright glaring sun burst so we can see it clearly please 8) that would help a lot.

Here you go with the best shot I think I can get with my iphone...I dont have a good camera with a macro to take it close up...

photo-17.jpg

photo-18.jpg

When I look at the 1 on the 15 rider tab it looks like V2 to me...but the dot at 3 is a little small but isn't a half...it's weird...what do you think?

i think it's a v2 based on the 15 rider tab and the lume dot at 3 - it looks full to me...

if you wad up some packing tape/duct tape/etc you can use it to open up the caseback - press it down and turn...knowing whether the rotor is decorated will help you, too...

R-

i think it's a v2 based on the 15 rider tab and the lume dot at 3 - it looks full to me...

if you wad up some packing tape/duct tape/etc you can use it to open up the caseback - press it down and turn...knowing whether the rotor is decorated will help you, too...

R-

Thanks! I also just looked at the engraving in between the lugs and mine say 4916 B5 like the V2 listed in review:

http://i224.photobucket.com/albums/dd229/Toadtorrent/Breit-Skyland-DateStampComp.jpg

Plus, it's a bit weird because the subdial tubes are not white like listed on the review for V2...mine are like V1/V3. But I agree the 1 on the 15 rider tab looks like V2 and the dot is full...just small...

It seems to be like a bit of a franken of V2/V3....

But the biggest evidence to me is the lug serial numbers being only for V2

Edited by WatchnRoll

The sunlight on the rider tab in the original post was too bright! Thanks for posting another photo ... now we can see that the 1 is a V2 form :)

As for your lume dot at 3 ... I think it's not a 1/2 dot so much as a SMALL dot ... the person who put it there must have made a "small" error ;)

The sunlight on the rider tab in the original post was too bright! Thanks for posting another photo ... now we can see that the 1 is a V2 form :)

As for your lume dot at 3 ... I think it's not a 1/2 dot so much as a SMALL dot ... the person who put it there must have made a "small" error ;)

Yep, thanks and I agree..it's a small dot but not a half.

I contacted Joshua just to confirm and he also said he is positive it is a V2 and the movt is not decorated per V2.

So, I feel good.

Regarding the pearl on the bezel...is there any chance of that little part falling off or is that really secure to the rider tab?

glad you got it squared away...

altho - kinda odd the subdial hand posts are silver and not white... :g:

I know...it's weird right? Joshua is sure it's a V2 but I just haven't cracked open the back...I don't want to do it...i'm a bit of a noob on stuff like that.

I'm sure it's a V2 by the 1 of the 10 and 15...do we have other pics of V2s owned by people here that we can compare the subdial post being silver?

now that i think of it, and look again at my skyland...wondering if they just mounted the subdial hands backwards...and that you are seeing more because of it the large size of the hole is facing up...does that make sense?!...meaning that the hole in the hands have a female and male indent...the male indent is usually mounted up...kinda like a cap...in your watch, perhaps the hands are mounted backwards... i don't know - it's just a thought...

R-

now that i think of it, and look again at my skyland...wondering if they just mounted the subdial hands backwards...and that you are seeing more because of it the large size of the hole is facing up...does that make sense?!...meaning that the hole in the hands have a female and male indent...the male indent is usually mounted up...kinda like a cap...in your watch, perhaps the hands are mounted backwards... i don't know - it's just a thought...

R-

I don't know its possible but it looks right so that's a plus. Only very minor difference on this watch than the gen...pretty amazing out of the box without any mods

just wish the lume was like the gen...that would be the "ultimate".

R-

Without a doubt buddy they are put on backwards. That are the hand tubes are extra long!

I think the big determining thing is the #4 on the rider tabs. The sharply defined #4 is found on the V1 and V3...this looks like the V2 to me.

It's hard to say for sure because of the clarity of the photos...but hey. The easier one would be to remove the strap and see what the printing says between the lugs. That one requires less reliance on clear pics to be sure.

The #45 on the rider tab as well, looks like it has more taper to it on the 5 side...as opposed to the V1/V3 which has the tab cut pretty close to parallel to the right side of the 5 creating a more "square" tab shape vs. a more wide-based trapezoid if that makes any sense. Look at my pics presented either in my guide linked in my signature or in Yodap's post above.

As an aside, the lume dot @3 is not really a tell, because they improved the lume application on the V1 / V3 to make it look better so it doesn't look like the half dot applied flush the date window.