When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Posting problem - help needed

PAMman

When I attempt to reply to a topic the text box is covered by the text editing menu. Everything that I type is being created 'behind' the full-width edit menu and I can't see anything until I complete the post. In other words I have to type completly blind as the same happens when I attempt to 'preview' my post. WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG???? Someone please help as this is driving me NUTS. Thanks.

I believe its a PC issue with Windows Explorer. Many people complained about that issue with the latest upgrade. The easiest work around was to use Firefox instead. I believe there were a couple of other options, but you would have to do a quick search for them as I just can't recall what they were. Hope that helps.

This happens to me from time to time as well, but mostly when I'm editing a post. I've found that if I click out of the text window and then click the text again, the text will correct itself and wrap back around to the next line, fitting everything within the window correctly.

The problem may be an issue with the browser you and I are using; dunno for certain.

I had nothing but problems with Explorer on the forum.. since I added firefox.. 100 better.. FF has more options also for a variety of problems.. I'm quite happy with it .. I can still access explorer.. but haven't found the need to since using FF..

If it was something which could be fixed by the Admin, it would be done by now.

It is a modification which needs to be made by the software producers.

And ..."No" we don't ..."just live with it"

If you can't use a current browser which doesn't give that problem, then you will need to wait for the upgrade.

I use "Chrome" and have no problems... all the problems appear to stem from "vintage" browsers.....a bit like watches really!

O/S