When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

My new IWC 3717 [Update]

mamba

@mogerene: The standard rep double AR is normally no where near the custom AR coatings available through members on this forum. A great double AR makes the crystal disappear (visually ;)) which gives the dial more of the attention.

@mogerene: Just to add to Modelizer comment, for this particular model you can also get a new crystal from Taka. It already has double AR if i am not mistaken and makes the letters and numbers in the dials white instead of the default somehow more beige color. There is a post about this somewhere in the forum, not sure where anymore. It is also cheaper and faster (only for this model tough). But hey this is just my opinion if you want to buy one.

@mogerene: Just to add to Modelizer comment, for this particular model you can also get a new crystal from Taka. It already has double AR if i am not mistaken and makes the letters and numbers in the dials white instead of the default somehow more beige color. There is a post about this somewhere in the forum, not sure where anymore. It is also cheaper and faster (only for this model tough). But hey this is just my opinion if you want to buy one.

@Hugo Alves: thnx. Is Taka a seller? I can't find him in the sellers section..

Taka is not a dealer on RWG. But you can find his web shop here: http://2geek.net/

Btw, Chieftang and Domi (both RWG members) can also carry out custom AR with great results.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So for us europeans Domi is the best choice when making the 3717 be more gen-like

Changing datewheel. relume and AR for the crystal.

So arund 300 usd for the watch itself, and about 200USD for the mods?? is that about right??

Taka is not a dealer on RWG. But you can find his web shop here: http://2geek.net/

Btw, Chieftang and Domi (both RWG members) can also carry out custom AR with great results.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

So I got the datewheel from Cousins and the crystal form Taka on the way.. I live in the EU so I guess Domi is the man to see. Can't find him though.. can anyone point me in his direction?

Thnx!

Edited by boneventura

So I got the datewheel from Cousins and the crystal form Taka on the way.. I live in the EU so I guess Domi is the man to see. Can't find him though.. can anyone point me in his direction?

Thnx!

didn't know taka was not RWG member. Chieftang and Domi are definitely great members for AR as well. If i am not mistaken Domi sends it to K222 right?

At least in europe Domi can sort everything out, for US members, you cant go wrong with chief.

for Domi contact check this post:

nick name: BRICCIOLA

didn't know taka was not RWG member. Chieftang and Domi are definitely great members for AR as well. If i am not mistaken Domi sends it to K222 right?

Taka is a member on RWG, but not a dealer here. And I am pretty sure Domi does not send his AR work to k2222/ Jakub (or I sure hope not, as this guy dissaperared with a lot of peoples crystals and watches about a year and a half ago.. :wounded1:) - anyone know who does the AR work for Domi?

Taka is a member on RWG, but not a dealer here. And I am pretty sure Domi does not send his AR work to k2222/ Jakub (or I sure hope not, as this guy dissaperared with a lot of peoples crystals and watches about a year and a half ago.. :wounded1:) - anyone know who does the AR work for Domi?

really?? i didnt know that about K2222, if thats is true its really bad... i guess he was still doing AR runs not long time ago, at least i think i saw it in another forum... i will search for it.

thats really really bad...

but how sure are you about that?

just saw in another forum a post that said "Domi is working together with fine dd when it comes to AR services", i think he is not a rwg member... but not sure.

Edited by Hugo Alves

Domi uses FineDD on RWI. I have had a few done there and am pleased with the result, even though I cannot compare to what others make.