When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

El 16622 Yacht-master

ubiquitous

Just rec'd this on Friday. Here is the watch as I rec'd it- Completely stock and untouched. Will be doing a few mods to it in the coming weeks/months.

112315-23659.jpg

112315-23660.jpg

112315-23661.jpg

112315-23662.jpg

112315-23663.jpg

I was never really very warm on this watch (either rep or gen), but I must admit that it's grown on me a bit since I rec'd it. It's a very nice design with subtle bling. I initially purchased this watch as a relative of mine has shown interest in it. I figured I could pick one up, do a few mods, install a custom dial which is in the works, and see how it turns out. I may just have to keep this one for myself :bleh:

Please excuse the quality of photos. I was going to remove the noise from the images, but editing it out also removed the speckled surface of the dial :o

Good question W ^_^

I got this one because my Uncle has been bugging me about the possibility of building a Yachtie. So... I started looking around at my options. I decided on Ed's 16622, as it looked the business on the hard parts. Case, bezel, etc all looked good. The bezel markers were especially critical to me- I've seen many YM's done with the incorrect font shape, incorrect size, markers too close to the inner edge of the bezel insert, and most importantly, the spacing between the 3 and 0 in '30' had to be correct (most seem to have too large of a gap between these numbers). After having rec'd this one, I think I'll keep it :) I'm working with a dial maker to have some custom dials made, which, I hope to see a prototype in a few weeks, and perhaps a few other mods.

Strange... As someone who never really cared for the sapphire crystal model Rolex's, I sure seem to have quite a few of them in my collection as of late.

• 8 months later...

this is exactly the version I was telling everybody about that I found it in China. I also said it's been carried by EL, Angus for the ETA version, and TTK for the Asian version. I like the Asian version better because it uses a more correct blood red color second hand. The ETA version feels a bit heavier because of the movement. Either version is a great watch, the best YM rep there is. I picked up a few for some members and friends and they were awed by the quality.

-bk