When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

dam luck is something else...

deniz21

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

i asked a well known eu watchmaker, what it would cost to polish the crystal and put it all back to gether he said round about 80bucks.. i dont know should i do this?

man thats real hard..cause i love the 111,.. and i want a panerai and i can let fix the dial here in germany, i think the rebrushing of the crownguard is something i can do by myself..only the big gap at the backside from the pin thats something harder to fit. ok a little scratch on a horn but i think maybe cape cod can do this..

crystal polishing and repressing

brushing of the crownguard

scratch remove

gap filling maybe with a longer pin, but where to get such a pin :g:

should invest the money something about 100 dollar or should i send it back and wait for a other modded watch :blink:

i realy dont know what to do,cause on the one side i like the watch and o the other there are the flaws spezialy the crystal that kills me

what would you do??????????????

if the lume is already modded..and you need the CG worked on as you would any other rep.. the scratches .. if you get a dremel.. which you will need anyway down the road.. you can buff out any scratches you incur later..

live with the pin for now..it is not noticeable...

my move would be to keep what you have.. maybe Snead can cover some of the repair work, like the crystal repress .. since it would cost him anyway to have it shipped back..that way it'll be a win-win.. with you and Snead..

Later you can always look for a Jimmy fu CG and better crown..

that would be my play.. if you return it and get another 111 um modded.. you still have to do the same things ..maybe more.. like a re-lume..

AC/L

yes lume is good, and hes dsn dial has flaws, but that was something i was known before, but it looks very clean and nice.

how i can proof that its superlume, i mean when i charce it under normal lamp it glows very bright but after 2 minutes or so it gos away or is this normal??

i mean in daylight i charges much easyer and stay longer right, but the watch glows lightly for hours, and you can read always time on it.

My play with my own reps denz it all of them need some amount of work and money invested after Purchase.. and even after that improvements can still be made.. it is always an ongoing project.. my Tudor 9411 Snowflake is going through it again.. with a genuine 2784 movement..

So if the lume is good.. there is not much more you could do in sourcing another watch.. looks like your almost home with the one you have now..

lume even SL takes a couple of day's out of the box to charge up.. charge it for 30 minutes under a florescent lamp.. go to sleep with it on your lamp table.. check and see what it looks like when you wake up.. if it's still glowing.. it's all good..it won't be glowing mkadly.. but if you can make it out in the dark.. gtg :thumbsupsmileyanim:

yes your maybe right, as so often ;)

but lani do you think its possible when a good polisher do this that the crystal gets so clear and clean like the po crystal.. cause thats the main thing it looks so awfull, i think he dosnt removed the ar good you know..

is it possible to polish little scratches and the dirt of it, to make it look so clean and depp as it should be without buying a new one

If you want one without AR.. I have one I polished the AR off of.. I can send it along with the rest of your shtuff.. but remember the rep crystal has some 'lense' effect to them no matter how much you polish them.. but I polished this with my dremel and then removed the swirls by hand polishing..

just say the word and it's yours.. B)

yes i saw that lense effect of the crystal on mine too, but i think i can live with that cause the ar from the watchmaker is good but it cost 100dollar, and thats too much for me at the moment, im only afraid cause i dont know if he can remove all the dirt and stuff of the crystal bro

A Noob makes his first experiences with Reps...

Reps are nice looking Timepieces for 1/10 of the genuine prices... but this is the other side of story

you are a young guy... it is ok when you buy reps... you love watches but you have not the money to buy a genuine... sadly not all people are rich and can buy this expensive genuine Timepieces.... may one day you can afford a genuine watch... do it... but at the moment you need to live with reps... and with their flaws... not all reps have this flaws... but most of them... and you can never be sure to get a perfect Rep... you need a little bit luck too

yes there are some truth words in it T, and yes its true if i would have enogh spare money to buy the gens that i want then i would do this.

but you know what.. even when i had gens or have maybe some in the future..i would stay here, cause here are many guys with gens and reps, or only reps or only gens, and they all stay here together in harmony

its the first time that i saw this, in german gen forum when you say the word rep you will be banned for ever :D and hanged at the end :cc_hang:

but i think both worlds have the right to live, cause its cool that a guy or a women with not so much money can have the look or the almost gen like feelin watch on her wrist, its still a rep but it looks cool :) in most cases.

and when i didnt bought my two reps that i have allready i think i would had never known so many cool guys from here, and the feelin and support a community like this can give you :thumbsupsmileyanim:

so at the beginning it was hard, but with so many people in the back i can life with the flaws and will try to do the best out of it :)

thats again one thing that i learnd from here, and specialy from lanikai

denz :)

Hey Denz!! Sorry for your plight ma man. Yeah i guess when you wait over a month for a timepiece and its not up to expectations (especially if a particular piece has been hyped) then its a real let down - yes we all know we are buying reps - doesnt mean we shouldnt have a level of standards. You have alot of support here for sure and im sure with a little tender love and care (and help from people like Lani) youll have your "perfect" PAM :)

Have a good one bro.

Deniz you know how I feel about your situation :black_eye: I feel really bad. But I must admit one thing Deniz, you have the most Important qualitys one could hope to have In this hobby. Deniz you have "patience" and a very "good attitude". These two attributes will allow you to enjoy this hobby for years to come. Good for you my man :good: Im sure things will work out just fine. :) Mike

Sorry to hear about your situation, it's never a good feeling to be patiently waiting for a great watch to arrive and then having your visions somewhat shattered once you open the package. But, your patience and good attitude will pay off in the end! You're doing the right thing, taking a negative situation and turning it into a positive one :thumbsupsmileyanim: Sometimes the best relationships are the ones that start off a little rough and as you know plenty of support here for ya!

Good things happen to good people, so it will all work out in the end! All the best :drinks:

1. Scratches on Crystal

2. Crystal seated badly

3. the pin in the crownguard is only fittet on the top on the backside is a gap with a few mm#

4. the gap on the downside is aharp and not finished well

5. the brushing on the crownguard is not so well made

6. the watch has a scratch at one horn i think that came as he changed the straps

7. under a room lamp, you see so many hologramms on the inside of the crystal.

Sorry to hear about your predicament. Sead has generally come through in the past so this is a real pity.

Just some comments on the above;

1. That looks more like scratches in the AR. Sapphire shouldn't scratch in that manner unless you threw it in a bag full of ceramic chunks. It looks like it'll need to be recoated or a new crystal put in

2. Badly put in crystal, watch smith can fix that in a jiffy, or yourself even, some DIY tutorials on this

3. This happens. It is not so much a flaw as luck of the draw depending on the length used for the CG Pin. I've had a few like this before

4. Not sure what you mean about downside? Downside of the CG? Not sitting flush with the case? Again, its a thing with reps, you won't get the QC associated with gens. You may need to refinish it yourself

5. Refinishing it yourself is not a large matter and better as well. What's more important is that the base shape and size is correct, and a Seadbo CG gets you 90% there

6. Not good obviously, but you'll end up with a few of these yourself over time

7. Don't get the holograms comments. Halo effect within the crystal? As per 1, could be a badly applied AR run.

I'm not trying to defend Sead here, so don't get me wrong, I think he should fix the legitimate issues of the scratched AR and badly put in crystal. The rest of the issues you point out though, to me, are part and parcel of playing with reps. You will never ever get something 100% close to gen, there will always be flaws (well unless you're willing to spend a lot of money as shown in the Cartier Santos100 thread). So even though you "think" your $400 should have bought you something perfect, it won't. Neither will $1200, neither will $2000. Only when you go gen can you be happy in that way, yet, gens have their issues too :).

thanks ksbreitling :thumbsupsmileyanim:

hi unregristet :)

yes your right that are not realy scratches but strong visonable hologramms, that i think happend by removing the ar from the inside..

but hey believe this is something you see after doing the job or do you dont look at the ending how it workt, and thats something you see in a second, and the bad pressing of the crystal too. but ok its too late know and believe me i dont want to say that nobody should ever buy from him or something, no he is a great guy and answers fast the mails, he also said that i can send it back to him, the only thing that dissapointet me is that i said to him, please check your work, but i dont think he did it well..

but ok i talked to him, and i decided to keep it, and try to put on some work by me, to make it so good that im happy with it, and as many of you said its a good beginning to go a little bit deeper in the watch thing :D

and your right, im realistic and i know that the 400 bucks pam is nothing special, and i have to live with the flaws or try my best to make it better :D

the first thing i did was rebrushing the guard with a brush pad, and it workd real well, and i like it know :)

and some other things will follow, thats for sure ;)

and another good thing from sead is he said he will pay me the work on the crystal, that i can not do, so i think all will be good at the end:)

denz

Nothing like a good modder like The Zigmeister or Vacccum. Besides my own watch smith I only trust them to do modding work.

maybe you can also get Sead to replace the crown guard. You still need to modd the crown guard anyway with making the pin polished, flush and have the cg brushed...

And this is what the hobby is all about, unlike what T said that we have to live with inferior quality because we cannot afford reps. That is not completely true. Many people here have genuines besides replica's.

Making a rep better, from a basic standard rep to the one we want, that journey is what it is all about and makes you really have a bond with the watch after spending so much waiting, trying, modding, etc etc, something which you will never have with a genuine...

hi hooky, the pin is not bad at all i think, and after rebrushing it looks not bad i think, only the pin is too short on the downside, but it get replaced with a longer pin, or a other CG..but that later i hope :)

or what do you think?

denz :)

and your absolutly right with that what you said, it is like a good friend :D you spent time and you are happy evertime you see him :thumbsupsmileyanim:

dsc06148d.jpg