When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

USPS issue.. please help

Guest Watchguy95

Guest Watchguy95

I recently shipped out 2 watches...

USPS label was printed via paypal... on 12

watch was handed to mail man on (friday) 15th at 2:40pm

Its been about 29 hours and still no update

im extremly worried

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 12, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Any help.. ive never relly used usps?

is it due to being a Friday?

I recently shipped out 2 watches...

USPS label was printed via paypal... on 12

watch was handed to mail man on (friday) 15th at 2:40pm

Its been about 29 hours and still no update

im extremly worried

The U.S. Postal Service was electronically notified by the shipper on January 12, 2010 to expect your package for mailing. This does not indicate receipt by the USPS or the actual mailing date. Delivery status information will be provided if / when available. Information, if available, is updated periodically throughout the day. Please check again later.

Any help.. ive never relly used usps?

is it due to being a Friday?

I know when stuff to me comes from US I see this on USPS site but when I check my countries postal service I get the latest info.

It just depends on "when" it gets scanned.. this being the weekend things are slowed.. plus in Conus a lot of Postal units have been closed.. and workers laid off and hours cut back.. weekend is always slower.. so it will be scanned before it gets on the plane.. no worries

its going to UK.. so is it only going to be scanned when it reaches JFK.. or is it one of thoses packages that never update till its deliverd?

it'll be scanned and put in the system once it leaves it's point of Origin.. no worry.. relax.. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Guest Watchguy95

someone please answer..

Mickey is buyer and doesnt belive that i didn get recipt...

hes just a usps guy he take the package and he doesnt carry sometype of portable printer

I always take priority packages to the Post Office. That's the only way to get them scanned right away. Leave them in the mailbox and they probably won't get scanned until they reach the sorting center and possibly until they leave it.

I wouldn't worry about it.

The only thing consistent about the USPS is it's inconsistency! Your package was scanned when you mailed it. It will probably get scanned when it leaves the USA for the UK. Scanned again when it's received usually by UK customs. Sometimes it takes days for the USPS computer to update the status. When i get packages from outside the USA, I have found that you can use EMS Track/trace to get better information. The USPS usually won't show anything once a package leaves the USA. Google EMS and go to the track/trace page, type in your tracking number and see what comes up.

Mickey, if you take the package to the Post office here in the US and get insurance and delivery conformation you get a receipt. When you send a package to the UK you use the customs declaration number for tracking. That is the number you use for parcel force or EMS tracking.I am presuming that a customs form was filled out,correct?

I wouldn't worry if you just sent it out on the 15th. USPS doesn't do anything on weekends and Monday is a holiday, so you should get a tracking update by Tuesday evening.The other thing to consider is the speed through customs. It may already be in the UK, but may sit for a week before it filters through the customs process.

I'll give you and example of how slow things update. The Zigmeister shipped a watch back to me on the 6th of January. Here is the list of notifications that I received.

Delivered, January 14, 2010, 1:43 pm, NATCHEZ, MS 39120

Notice Left, January 13, 2010, 1:42 pm, NATCHEZ, MS 39120

Arrival at Unit, January 13, 2010, 8:14 am, NATCHEZ, MS 39120

Inbound International Arrival, January 09, 2010, 5:55 am, ISC NEW YORK NY(USPS)

Origin Post is Preparing Shipment

Foreign International Dispatch, January 08, 2010, 1:41 pm, MONTREAL, CANADA

Foreign Acceptance, January 07, 2010, 11:05 am, CANADA

I got the delivery notice in my mailbox on the 13th. As of that morning the only thing showing on my computer was the above in bold. The last thing that was showing was "inbound international arrival on January 9th". Nothing from the 9th to the 13th when it arrived at my local PO. 4 days in limbo! All of the other information updated the next day after delivery!

The USPS is pretty frustrating. As you can see above my package arrived in Natchez at 8:14 AM on the 13th By the time I got it it was mid day the next day.

Don't worry about it yet.Worrying isn't going to get it any faster.

Arthur