When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Pre-Daytonas

alligoat

Yeh, the subdials are spread out a little further on the rep, and the lume dots are missing at 3, 6 and 9, but I agree, the dial isn't that bad. The next step would be to get DW to put the guts and dial in a 6239 case and machine a smooth bezel for it- similar to the DW 6239 w/ either the 7750 or the 7760 movement. Then you could run a gen T-21 and crown and tube w/ the assymetrical pushers and have a nice rep.

Better subdial hands would also be a plus.

DW is working on a 6238 as we speak. As it is, since both watches use the same base movement (A7750), you can swap the dial from this watch onto 1 of DW's A7750-powered Daytonas & you have a very reasonable 6238 (with the all-important asymmetrical pusher layout) for not much money.

A nice DW version of this watch would be a real looker. Now if you wanted to take it a step further and have it in gold with a nice honey Alligator strap anda Rolex Gold buckle, you would have a fine dress watch, sort of like Freddy's Gold Daytona.

Arthur

A nice DW version of this watch would be a real looker. Now if you wanted to take it a step further and have it in gold with a nice honey Alligator strap anda Rolex Gold buckle, you would have a fine dress watch, sort of like Freddy's Gold Daytona.

Arthur

Man, Arthur, that would be my holy grail

191.jpg

Since I would never spend that kind of money on a gen gold 6238, I'd love to build a rep of this watch.

I tried to buy a gold Heuer Carrera V72 a year ago on ebay, figuring that was the closest I'd ever get to a gold 6238 but got beat out at the end- went for over $2600.