When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Ulysses Nardin Rubber Diver Strap

beanyboy

I feel like a complete idiot asking this question, but I just recieved a UN marine diving watch with the black rubber strap with the deployant band. The rep is great for the money and I am pleased with it, but once again the strap is inches too big for me. It looks like I need to trim the side of the strap that fits into the deployant buckle. But before I do and make this stap useless for anybody with a large wrist, I thought I would inquire with the panel of thousands of experts that comprise this forum.

Let me know at your convenience. Thanks in advance for your sage advice.

Indeed, the strap has to be cut down to size. Be careful and go in small increments; it's better to check and double check to get the right length than to cut hastily and chop too much off.

Personally, I've found that it's best to try and cut the strap to as comfortable of a fit as possible while keeping as much material going into the clasp ends; during summer months when the outside temperatures are hot (and your wrist swells), you can then move the ends of the strap out with the springbar to adjust for a larger size (hopefully this makes sense).

Good luck...

Yes, you do have to remove the bars from the deployment and trim the strap.. evenly on both sides.. I would do it one line of rubber at a time and the hassle is .. if you have not done one before to know how much to cut off go slow with the trimming .. and size it a little at a time..which means reattaching the buckle .. you get the picture :thumbsupsmileyanim:

btw.. what size is your wrist??

AC/Lani

edit add:.. I see Brotha has posted about the same time I was typing this :victory:

Thanks to both of you for confirming my suspicion that I need to get out my single edged razor blade.

Beany

Indeed, the strap has to be cut down to size. Be careful and go in small increments; it's better to check and double check to get the right length than to cut hastily and chop too much off.

Personally, I've found that it's best to try and cut the strap to as comfortable of a fit as possible while keeping as much material going into the clasp ends; during summer months when the outside temperatures are hot (and your wrist swells), you can then move the ends of the strap out with the springbar to adjust for a larger size (hopefully this makes sense).

Good luck...

TH

The Maxi Marine rubber also has a 3 position micro-adjustment you can make. You should probably size it big (err on the big side), and if need be, micro-adjust smaller.

Cutting it. Some people mouse around with a razor blade. When I cut these style straps, I use a "professional" Chef or Sushi knife in one press downward guillotine style (hand on handle and hand on top of blade for consistent leverage). The weight and sharpness makes for a quick/clean cut. I stress professional knife. This is similar to what I used on my Ocean Racer (same concept).

251536fpxdr6.jpg

If you screw it up, let me know, I have a "Bracelet" if you want to ditch the rubber. :)

I've always wanted to get me one of this, but I have a small wrist (6.5 inch) and since the UN Maxi Marine is 43mm and 16mm thick, I don't think it'll look good on me...

it will be fine..

actually do this

put on a watch.. look at it.. then move to a mirror and look at it in the mirror..it won't look as big as from the angle of you eye to directly to your wrist..

when looking at ones own watch it does appear bigger than it would when someone else is looking at it..

strange but true.. must be the optical perspective or angle of the view.. :)

Thanks Lani...for days I've been contemplating whether to get a UN or not! I've been staring at the Maxi Marine pics and it really does looks awesome. Gotta cancel my Tag order and have it replace with a Maxi Marine! Thanks again.

Good advice from Lani.

Maxi marine isn't overly big at all for a small wrist. You'll be fine. Chances are you'll wear even bigger watches eventually. My wrists and hands are on the small side, but even my Skyland or PAM is just fine. Rule of thumb, the lugs shouldn't be extending over the sides of your wrists.