When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

vc overseas

watch7

First: Welcome to RWG!

VC is a great watch. And how refreshing to see a new member requesting something else than Rolex. :tu:

I'm sure the guys can help you... I have no intimate knowledge in Overseas, but I recall there was very nice replication of it.

Happy hunting!

There was a rep awhile ago that was near perfect and the big improvement over what is available now is the shape of the date window, current models have square ones where the best had a shorter inner edge and non parallel sided (i know there is a propper word for this but i cant think of it. The available version is good but not as good as it could be and i missed it when the best were available.

The current version is thiscde3435c931fd98426e90bce03c54fdd.image.200x150.JPG

Available here

DO some reading before you jump in as there may be better places to get it from depending on your location and other factors

Do these come on leather or something? Don't know if I like the bracelet.

The bracelet makes the watch jc..... it is what attracted me to the rep.. :lol:

but Perfect clones does has a leather version.. although I don't think this is the updated model

65421354.jpg

59211400.jpg

BRowars

Posted Today, 04:22 PM

Lani:

When you say you now have the "correct" one with regards to the bracelet, does that mean you added a gen or did you buy a rep from one of the dealers. If a rep - where did you get it?

Thanks

Barry

this is the updated bracelet.. the clasp is like the gen.

43864540.jpg

This is the old version of the clasp

vc1665drsd025.jpg

vc1665drsd024.jpg

The previous best version had a Swiss movement with nickle plating that was mimics the gen. The current version doesn't have the plating but it's still Swiss.

Like Lani said the bracelet makes the watch but you can't really appreciate in pictures. The combination of brushed and polished edges give a dimension to this piece that I haven't seen anywhere else. The rep bracelet is spot on.

The departure from the gen is unfortunately the dial. A big flaw for me is the Malte Cross below the 12 which is VC's trademark. Josh's version is very small compared to the gen. I've seen other low end versions of VCs around that have a much better one. I wonder if we can find a good one for transplant.

The other big flaw is the AR (the traditional heavy blueish one). I'd send to Chief immediately.

The numbers are somewhat polished while the gen is brushed but that's an easy mod.

And finally the guilloch

I dont think the colour of the movement makes a lot of difference with a solid back. I just wish they would fish the fuxking date window

Since this doesn't appear to be a high selling model I highly doubt they will make any effort to fix anything with this one.

We need to find a way to do the right mods :)

You may take a look at this one:

It is still available (I got mine from Timeshops.net) and is very well made. The detailing is excellent (it is really a shame that the case back is not visible when you wear it....), but no doubt it would benefit from re-lume and AR treatment as the one in the review above has had.

Edited by mbjoer

i have the old version - i.e. the one folks around here argue is the best...i take no credit for the mods, as the watch was previously owned by dluddy...

mine is loaded: Chieftang double AR, correct clasp (as Lani pointed out), swiss movement (standard on this model), and a cross transplant...this model as it came from the dealer had a tiny cross...the silix version of the watch had a "better" cross - better sized, etc...so the silix cross was transplanted onto this dial...

as Lani said - what makes this piece is a lot of various elements - but the bracelet is truly a piece of art...as is the caseback on the older models...the best version, as the pix below will show, has incredible detail on the ship - check out the side ports for the cannons...

these aren't in the wild any more...the only thing you can do is hope for a sale...and get lucky...very lucky...

and no...it's not for sale...doubt it will ever be...but if i ever tire of it, it will go back to DL...

R-

vco3amedium.jpg

vco3medium.jpg

vco2medium.jpg

vco4medium.jpg

vco5medium.jpg

Assuming that's what you get, there are a few minor problems. The markers have too much SS surrounding the lume, the above-mentioned missing accent and wide bevel on the DW (actually like the way that looks better than gen FWIW), the standard too shiny numbers and poorly defined caseback (on all reps I've seen), numbers on the rehaut are a little too small and too dark, "SWISS MADE" on the dial is too small. Most of these are really nitpicky, though.

Don't know that I've seen a better one.