When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Rolex Daytona

ezyu2

Hi,

I saw someone yesterday with a Genuine (well... as far as I know) Rolex Daytona Cosmograph Black, with bracelet. I never really liked this watch, I have always wanted the date function on my watches. Yet this watch grabbed me, I really like it now! I rememeber reading that a replica version of this watch will not last very long, something to do with the seconds being at 6? Is this true? But I still would like to buy a replica Daytona, could anyone recommend one? About $160,

For that price range you'll probably be looking at an a21j version with non-working chrono. But, since you have a preference for a date then the a21j versions from watcheden.com or idolreplicas.com use the 3:00 subdial to point to the date (well, up to 30 anyway). Although the subdials have date functions on these versions the subdials are labeled as per gen. I'm sure the other dealers have them as well but I used these two sites as an example as I've bought one from them (both ran by same person) before.

daytona1.JPG

Thank you for you're replies. I have seen the Daytona that I would like to buy, here is the link: http://www.watcheden.com/rolex-daytona-chronograph-automatic-with-black-dial-i-12584-p-1.html http://www.idolreplicas.com/rolex-daytona-chronograph-automatic-with-black-dial-replica-watch--12584.html

Please would you be able to explain how the seconds would be measured, would it be shown on the main hand? Also, how would the date-month function work?

Also, how is the quality of this watch? And of course, how close is it to the genuine?

Many Thanks!

So who makes the best Daytona Rep - without a price limit? - I know WM9 doesn't make one - but if he did that would be the shiznit!!! Everyone seems to be of the opinion that the only good Daytona's are the one's with the seconds at 9:00 - and if you get one at 6:00 all of them will give problems. If anyone else can correct me I am interested in finding out more information. I have read countless hours of thread material and information on these dreaded Daytona's as I would like to find a good one for myself - but right now I think I will stay away untill someone figures out a more reliable method of the 6:00 second issue...

I have concluded that I won't be ordering from the above websites, I would rather contact the trusted dealers and proceed from there. I have spoken to my preferred dealer (Reg, Narikaa) and he is looking into getting the one I wanted, yes the seconds will be running on the seconds hand. But even if I had just bought the gen Daytona, I probably would have this function running! I will keep this updated with the progress!

• 3 weeks later...

If you are very fortunate to get one that keeps working.. the stars have to be in line.. juuuuuussst right.. :lol:

Here's one of 2 that have survived the sec @6 modded movement..

daytona002.jpg

the other is like the one JMB has pictured.. both movements still function.. but who knows how they will be tomorrow....

Thank you for you're replies. I have seen the Daytona that I would like to buy, here is the link: http://www.watcheden.com/rolex-daytona-chronograph-automatic-with-black-dial-i-12584-p-1.html http://www.idolreplicas.com/rolex-daytona-chronograph-automatic-with-black-dial-replica-watch--12584.html

Please would you be able to explain how the seconds would be measured, would it be shown on the main hand? Also, how would the date-month function work?

Also, how is the quality of this watch? And of course, how close is it to the genuine?

Many Thanks!

I think that's my next daytona too! I just bought what I call the Daytona "trinity" from Idolreplicas which is one each with white dial in SS, Two Tone and full gold. Love Daytonas...love these watches. Don't really care about the non working chronos if it means reliability. These are like the one above with the 21j asian movement. Will probably get the gray dial too along with some other versions.