When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

To all Norwegians

asciwhite

I read in the news today that the Norwegian customs are allowed to hold back counterfeit products and notify the companies (Rolex. Omega and so on) What the hell!!!

Is this something we should worry about? After the 26 this month they had a meeting where they went trough the new customs rules. Do you think our reps will be seized? I have 6 watches on the way at the moment sad.gif this could be real bad if the customs have shaped up, and they are stoked to start searching our packages black_eye.gif Usually they let all kinds of stuff sail straight through.

I personally am getting a bit anxious

You can get fined in Norway

Kan stoppes i tollen

Tollvesenet har nå blitt pålagt av namsretten å avdekke og holde tilbake varer som er i strid med immaterialrettigheter, altså piratkopier. Med immaterialrettigheter mens opphavsrett, rett til varemerke, mønster, patenter, planteforedlerrett eller rett til kretsmøstre for integrerte kretser, ifølge Tollvesenet.

Tolloven kapittel 15 gir Tollvesenet mulighet på eget iniativ eller på vegne av rettighetshaver, å holde tilbake varer som mistenkes for å være piratkopier.

Can't see this having much of an impact, if any, right now. Like NORing says it'll require extra resources and customs is pretty well stretched to the limit as it is. The only danger I see is if customs should also be permitted to charge us a fee for the pleasure of having our watches confiscated, just as they already charge us a fee for calculating how much VAT we should pay.

Basically - as long as there's no profit in it for them, nothing's likely to change. If they can make money off us, then it's time to start worrying.

Typical...

In Norwegian, since this is only interesting to Norwegians anyway :)

Tror heller ikke det er noe kjempeproblem. De sjekker jo aldri pakker som er skrevet ned i verdi til under 200,- heller (kl

Please note that forum language is English - This topic is interesting for other scandinavian residents or suppliers :winkiss:

Danish Customs are taking similar actions.

Ok Ok OK! but this one is difficult to translate properly....:victory:

L

blum.gif And I am Norwegian!

Heart pounding

In a black square depression

Time stops

An instinctive feeling

of anxiety lurking.

It goes tick tock.

Sanity dissolves.

set in check mate..

My words like weapons

They penetrate.

A silent scream

hollows out my mind

In bubbely despair

you feel the breath play tricks as you inhale.

in the power of the wind

I float away

Please guys! - This forum has 24.000 members. How many of us may be laywers, customs, representatives of the Swiss watch makers and so on. :g:

I don't think it is in anyones interest to disclose ways of shipping items to various countries. :wounded1: