When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

So NOW Josh is selling the Ultimate V DSSD with the bezel inset mod done...

WatchnRoll

Just my luck...I ordered the ultimate DSSD last week from Josh and it has the other insert...I asked if I could have the new bezel on it and he said no...was separate order for those who want to do mods themselves...

I don't do mods myself so I decided not to order the insert separately...

Then I see today he is selling the DSSD with the bezel mod already done for $438...

Not cool as I am getting my DSSD today or tomorrow in the mail....

Here is the new one...

http://www.perfect-hour.com/0rlsd00088m-deepsea-dweller-swiss-eta2836-p-8307.html

And here is what I ordered a week ago today...

http://www.perfect-hour.com/rlsd00088-deep-dweller-asia-3135-p-7924.html

I have one on order, waterproofed too :-) ^^ Can't wait!

That was $50 out the window, they dont do anything extra when you pay for waterproofing, gotta do it yourself or have a watchsmith do it. Don't worry, I've been there, done that.. Caseback arrived hand loose. Josh made it up to me, but it's the point. :pardon:

Well i'm taking it in the pool with me and if it leaks i'll expect a replacement. He's doing the bezel mod so I don't see why he wouldn't do waterproofing when its an option and stated.. maybe that was just in the past? We'll see. Just wouldn't be good business if it isn't would it.

Well i'm taking it in the pool with me and if it leaks i'll expect a replacement. He's doing the bezel mod so I don't see why he wouldn't do waterproofing when its an option and stated.. maybe that was just in the past? We'll see. Just wouldn't be good business if it isn't would it.

Good luck with that... :whistling:

You could do that, sure. Josh would probably replace the watch. It would cost you about $30-40 to ship, and you'd wait around a month, minimum. Then what happens with your next watch when it comes broken, then the next, and you've already begun burning your bridge?

Do what you can on your side to quality control your pieces, because its not going to be done in China. Thats all we're trying to tell you.

This is too easy not to do. When you receive your reps, run through this checklist.

- Inspect it for damage, make sure it works and isn't broken. Make sure the screws in the bracelet, bezel, etc. are intact. Make sure the spring bars are securing the bracelet to the case properly.

-check the caseback, they come loose most of the time. Unscrew it, and check that you got the movement you ordered. Make sure the O-ring is in the caseback. Grease it (heavy silicone waterproof grease, like bearing grease you can get at a bicycle store.) Tighten it down as hard as you can. You can open and close the case with the sticky ball method (search that term) or get a rubber ball, like a dog toy for example)

-Inspect the stem, Clean any debris from the threads then dab some of that heavy silicone waterproof grease on them.

Do what you can on your side to quality control your pieces, because its not going to be done in China. Thats all we're trying to tell you.

This is too easy not to do. When you receive your reps, run through this checklist.

- Inspect it for damage, make sure it works and isn't broken. Make sure the screws in the bracelet, bezel, etc. are intact. Make sure the spring bars are securing the bracelet to the case properly.

-check the caseback, they come loose most of the time. Unscrew it, and check that you got the movement you ordered. Make sure the O-ring is in the caseback. Grease it (heavy silicone waterproof grease, like bearing grease you can get at a bicycle store.) Tighten it down as hard as you can. You can open and close the case with the sticky ball method (search that term) or get a rubber ball, like a dog toy for example)

-Inspect the stem, Clean any debris from the threads then dab some of that heavy silicone waterproof grease on them.

This should be pinned for noobs, wish I had have read that 6 months ago.

:)

It's been widely discussed that the waterproofing is a scam. I'd be careful wearing any rep in the water. Do a search and u can read all about the water proofing extra charge discussions.

Thanks for the advise mate. Will do that when I get it, I guess i'm going to have to send it off for a service and a proper waterproof job then to our friendly German watchmaker? I read somewhere he has got a pressure tester now too so i'm sure he will check it, and if its not waterproof, if anyone can do it properly it will be him eh?

You could do that, sure. Josh would probably replace the watch. It would cost you about $30-40 to ship, and you'd wait around a month, minimum. Then what happens with your next watch when it comes broken, then the next, and you've already begun burning your bridge?