When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

so how long do I wait for my EMS shipment?

woody

well ladies and gents,

I have not bought a rep in years. I have recently decided to buy a BP5004 from Hont. The watch is shipped out of China on 1/23 from GuangChou, and after that, nothing....

it seemed like that it had disappeared into no man's land or something. so it has been 10 business days, since it left China with no status. I wanted to see if this is actually common. I have gone through many EMS shipment, but never had I run into a situation like this. Can anybody shed some light and see if they have run into issues like this where it goes into tracking with no update for this long, and the watch show up later?

I have asked Hont to possibly send out another watch since Chinese New Year is coming. If he doesn't ship out, then I am looking at into possibly 2/26 and still without a watch. He had replied and said he will not ship out a replacement, and kept saying that the watch is show up. Am I asking perhaps too much? Just wanted to solicit some feedback. any insight would be greatly appreciated as always. TGIF everyone.

I had some items shipped a week ago, and tracking shows them as not even into customs in GZ yet.

About 10 minutes ago they were delivered, and still show as being in GZ.

I think the guy with the scanner in GZ, has already left for New Year!

Unless you receive notification from your local customs people, i'm guessing it will turn up.

O/S

Thanks O/S for the reply. I am just thinking that if it really had left in China, wouldn't it have been scanned in NYC or Chicago at this time somewhat? and if the customs were to seize it, wouldn't I have seen the status update such as "inbound into customs". this extended wait from EMS is new to me, so that is why I am curious to know. any thoughts on this O/S?

Been happening a lot with parcels these days Woody.. good to see your posting btw..

the china EMS wither doesn't scan or post.. and the US side has a lot of unit closures and layoffs .. so parcels are often not posted on the tracking web site..

it will arrive but slower than usual..

AC/Lani

Woody,

I normally was seeing in GZ....

In to mail centre,

Out of mail centre

In to customs,

(about 4 days later..)

Out of customs

In to mail centre

(1 day)

Out of mail centre.

Then a day or so later it would show up on the local PO tracking.

They are very quick here, as soon as it shows locally, I see it within 24 hours.

My last couple have only shown the first in and out, so obviously they aren't scanning and reporting.

Normally for me is 7-10 days, and don't forget our PO are quick this end...24 hours from landing.

These are 1/2 tea chest sized cartons, with gen product....I'm shipping 1 or 2 every couple of weeks.

So i think the answer to your thread question is, "As long as it takes"rolleyes.gif Unfortunately.

Just keep putting the tracking # in to your local tracking...forget what China is not telling you.

O/S

My latest EMS parcel from China was pretty much as Offshore lists, except that it took 6 days from being scanned out of China to appearing on tracking here, so be aware that they may be scanning parcels out long before they actually ship. Well, either that or China Post has acquired Orville and Wilbur's plane and started using it for deliveries.

I have an order that was made on 1/16, shipped out on 1/19, "inbound into Customs" on 1/22 and there it sits only about 10 hours away from me. Nothing since. As I posted on another forum, I am just about done with ordering from overseas (at least finished with orders coming from Asia), it ain't worth the trouble to me.

Thanks for everyone again for your stories. Yeah, unfortunately there is nothing for some of us to do, but to wait. so I am just not going to worry about it much. good thing that I did have a vintage gen that was shipped to me from Canada, that got here in about a week. I'll just have to wait and wait, I think that way when it does show up, I will be genuinely surprised and happy, right? ;)