When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

I struck gold!

Limestone

Hi fellows...

As I was visiting my parents this weekend I asked them if they had some old watches laying around that I could have a look at.

Well.. did find 2 that got my attention.

First off I found a Omega Seamster , Automatic Calendar.

I don

Lemania is well-known for its movements (especially among Omega fans) but the watches are pretty nice, too.

Your Lemania's movement looks a lot like an Omega Calibre 30. I've no idea how similar they actually are, though.

Great watches! Find nice, period-correct straps to wear them on. Don't be lazy and put them on black NATOs!

Should I try to fix them my self.

Henrick,

The answer to that, is how much experience you have in repair.

Frankly, if these were your 1st attempts, I would definetly say NO.

There is too much family heritage, (aside from real world value) in these to use them as "practice"

If however you have had some repair exposure, you will have learned some of the pitfalls of self repair, and if you could restore these to their former glory, you would achieve a greater sense of self satisfaction in each piece.

Don't be in a huge hurry, they have all laid around for many years, another 6 months isn't going to be life threatening.

If you haven't done any repairs, grab a couple of "clunkers" off the 'bay, get hold of a repair course like TZ watch school, and jump in feet and all.

After a few months, you will know in yourself if these are the sorts of projects you are happy to take on.

Then you can come here and get all the help and support needed as you work through each piece.

Offshore