When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Pam 111h - looking for a great bracelet strap

glassreplica

Hi there - I have a DSN ultimate 111h which I have had now for around a year. It is on a standard DSN brown leather strap which is okay, but, I think that the strap let's what is otherwise a fantastic rep down. I have seen the following SS bracelet strap on Ebay, whilst, I would rather buy from here, there don't seem to be too many posts with straps for sale and I just missed out on one the other day for $35 posted under the trading post and was gutted.

What are your thoughts on this strap? Has anyone bought from this ebay seller before and are they well known?

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/24mm-STEEL-DEPLOYMENT-STRAP-BAND-PANERAI_W0QQitemZ170444584488QQcmdZViewItemQQptZUK_Jewellery_Watches_WatchAccessories_SpareParts_SM?hash=item27af49f628#ht_2588wt_1165

Any help would be great as I don't want to end up with a cheap looking strap. I was hoping to get something close to the feel and quality of the genuine. Thanks in advance.

Also, if I get the SS bracelet, it will give me the chance to try out distressing my brown leather strap - has anyone found the best tried and tested method for doing this? I have read a few posts on bleaching, vinegar, boiling and scraping, but, not sure what has worked the best for other members.

Cheers

PS. fantastic forum and 90% of posts are interesting and a great read. Apologies if I have missed something.

Agreed the strap always helps the watch look better.

But a bracelet on a 111H no mate thats a no no.

That one you see dont look like it will fit your watch looking at the shoulders.

PAMs are pretty specific on which models do and dont come with bracelets these arent chopped and changed generally. Gen Cases also vary slightly to accomadate the gen bracelets.

Mate get yourself a nice strap and buckle

I should have added. If this strap is recognised to be good quality and a good buy, could anyone point out the differences between this and a genuine (e.g I always thought gens had a mix of brushed steel and polished steel, or titanium and polished steel)?

That one is brushed and polished look at the bottom 2 close ups of links.

DSN cases have shorter lugs than cartel cases so there is a good chance that unless the bracelet comes from DSN it wont fit, i have a stainless bracelet here that i never use but i really don't think it would fit the dsn case with out modding

You'll want a few options for your Pam. I offer strap vintagization services for the factory straps, for $20 you can put that current strap into rotation instead of throwing it away. It's a nice low cost strap to use. Here's some pics -

I would not have suggestions for a bracelet, however if you want a nice quality leather strap, I would have a look at savagestraps.com and strapculture.com. A nice strap will make a Pam, it's a must have!

FxrAndy - thanks for your message and I have sent you a PM.

Everyone else, thanks for all of your responses. FxrAndy's strap may be worth a try and I may get the SS idea out of my system and end up sticking with the leather, but, until I see the SS on the watch I think I will always consider it. I actually thought Panerai produced a version of the Marina on SS as well as leather, but, never really researched it, just like the look of some of the SS Pams.... now you have got me thinking that maybe another Pam with SS is on the cards and to retain my 111h on the leather. This rep stuff is quite addictive. Also starting to think UPO too - they look amazing and I had PM'ed PT a long while back to order one, but, did not hear back. I need to follow that one up too.

I will take a look on the forum for Pams with SS, in the meantime, it would be great to hear from you as to which Pams best suit the SS?

Thanks in advance

Noel, you have just won me over with my wife. She was not convinced by the SS strap - says that the classic look is better with leather. However, now I have shown her your post, she realises that this is the closest that I will come to exercise and doing weights and she is more encouraging. Am liking the look with the bracelet. I have done a deal on the strap from FxrAndy and hopefully will receive in the next few days. Assuming it fits and looks good, I will post some pictures. Next step is to get a really great leather strap - looking for dark, brown, thick and slightly vintage looking (may go for the vintagising (sp?) mentioned above, would be intrigued how this is done and weather it reduces the life of the strap (I should imagine bleach could damage the stitching - having said that the straps look great when done, so if it means a shorter life, sobeit).

I just wanted to say, dealing with Andy has been great, he is a real gent and spent time measuring his bracelet and researching whether this could fit my watch. He was much more concerned with making sure it will fit and look right, then making any money out of the deal. On the off chance it does not fit, it will be down to my poor measuring of my watch.

Keep posting pics of watches with SS, as they look great. Any recommendations on good, thick, dark worn brown leather straps would be great to see too.

Next step is to get a really great leather strap - looking for dark, brown, thick and slightly vintage looking (may go for the vintagising (sp?) mentioned above, would be intrigued how this is done and weather it reduces the life of the strap (I should imagine bleach could damage the stitching - having said that the straps look great when done, so if it means a shorter life, sobeit).

The process can be likened to frosting hair. There are harsh chemicals used, but it's washed, then given a cold water bath, and leather conditioners used afterwards. Your rep strap will live no less life than it normally would. Given the norm of being tossed in the garbage or your parts bin, or sold away on the boards for $10, i'd wager to say it'd actually be given a chance at life. :lol:

DSN straps are top of the rep quality chain. You might find it adequate enough to use (thats a generous statement). However, if I can't improve it, I won't touch it, and it'll be sent back no charge.

IMG_1997.jpg