When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review - Tag Heuer Aquaracer 500m

b16a2

Mine just arrived today. Same issue with the bezel screws, but on mine it's only the ones at the 3 and 9 o'clock. It doesn't jump out at you but if you're looking you see it. They do turn though, so it was an easy fix to just line them up. Barely had to turn them at all.

I do have some other complaints, but overall, they're minor. It's such a cool looking watch. I'll write a full review tomorrow with some close up photos.

Edited by vandal.tbh

Looking forward to the review Vandal.tbh, where is it? .....joking! Glad you like the watch!

Well my wife is at a conference in Vegas for the week (lucky!), so I've had the "Mr. Mom" duties. So unfortunately I've been too busy to write the review, but it's coming. Hopefully early next week. Here's a wrist shot until then:

post-41705-133005600936.jpg

• Like 1

Oh my God. I am such a dumbass.

I just realized that the piece I wanted was the Chrono 500M .. not the 3-handed model. LOL !! :crazy:

I guess I'll be selling it on when it arrives tomorrow.

post-22602-0-19379600-1330121417.jpg

Here's the Chrono at TrustyTime

http://player.vimeo.com/video/28653964

Lol, you must have been on the beer when you ordered that, ah never mind, the non chrono is lovely, but those pics make me want the chrono more and more now!

i know, i'd rather it not have the cyclopes as well. but that's how the gen is so i guess there's not much option unless you want a pricey mod...

Yeah i know, it'll cost me almost more than i paid for the watch, sapphire glass,AR etc... Hence i give up this idea.

Today my first full day with the watch. I really love the AR, consider the price it's great!

And for an A21J movement, i think 4sec. is just badass!

Btw here is a pic of the gen mod, removed cyclopes. It's way better IMHO...

IMG_2292.jpg

Edited by kyle007

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 8 months later...

this is a GREAT rep...

I would add three "differences" from the gen that I didn't see in the review --  the "caliber 5" is a little more red than the correct orange; the TAG part of the TAG Heuer logo is fatter on the gen; and the 12,3,6,9 lume are a little too square, the gen are more triangular and pointed.

DS

this is a GREAT rep...

I would add three "differences" from the gen that I didn't see in the review --  the "caliber 5" is a little more red than the correct orange; the TAG part of the TAG Heuer logo is fatter on the gen; and the 12,3,6,9 lume are a little too square, the gen are more triangular and pointed.

DS

post-22602-0-58963000-1371362009.jpg

post-22602-0-29402600-1371362011.jpg

• 4 weeks later...