When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Anyone own a Seiko Marinemaster?

Martyd3

Owned the MM for a short time. It's a great watch. Just shouts quality. One thing that didn't make her a keep in my book was the bracelet. I wish they'd put a 24mm on that thing. If they did I'd put her on a short list. Great watch at any price! Enjoy and make sure to post up some pics!

Owned the MM for a short time. It's a great watch. Just shouts quality. One thing that didn't make her a keep in my book was the bracelet. I wish they'd put a 24mm on that thing. If they did I'd put her on a short list. Great watch at any price! Enjoy and make sure to post up some pics!

What size bracelet is carrying ??

A 22mm or a weird 21mm or something ??

I am asking cause I am thinking of getting one. :D

That's small , isn't it ?? :g:

It actually wears very well with the 20mm bracelet. Just like any Rolex does, but it's my personal preference for wider bracelets. I think if the MM had say a 24mm, or even a 22mm, bracelet it would sit on the wrist better. Just my personal preference though. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but I didn't end up keep her and sold the watch. I'm regretting everr haveing sold it thoughl. :(

It actually wears very well with the 20mm bracelet. Just like any Rolex does, but it's my personal preference for wider bracelets. I think if the MM had say a 24mm, or even a 22mm, bracelet it would sit on the wrist better. Just my personal preference though. It wasn't a deal breaker for me, but I didn't end up keep her and sold the watch. I'm regretting everr haveing sold it thoughl. :(

I agree with Ztech, the watch wears well with the 20 mm bracelet. My preference would be for a 22 mm bracelet, but that might upset the balance of the watch by making the lugs look too thin. Just my $0.02 ...

• 1 month later...

...the only neg review I've read is that the screw down crown is somewhat less than what one would expect...seems to rate high on all other things..

I seem to remember a problem was that the crown tube was part of the case, and not replaceable if the thread stripped.

I seem to remember a problem was that the crown tube was part of the case, and not replaceable if the thread stripped.

That would be exceptable on a $100.00 or so. But on a watch that cost $1500.00, no way :huh: (ps) To be fair, Seikos are bullit proof, I have had two cheeper models and they will not die no matter how hard I am on them, tough watch :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have been wanting either a marinemaster or Marathon SAR to send to avitt for some DLC treatment. Proabably the SAR though, since it has a familiar movement that comes out the back of the case unlike the Seiko.

Can't go wrong with a SAR; I've had one for about 2 years....bullet proof. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

I have been wanting either a marinemaster or Marathon SAR to send to avitt for some DLC treatment. Proabably the SAR though, since it has a familiar movement that comes out the back of the case unlike the Seiko.

I've been waiting for a Marinemaster 600 (spring drive) to crop up at the right price. If anyone sees one at a decent price, I'm interested.