When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

IWC 3717 Strap Options

vlydog

Getting itchy for the return of a long lost friend. I have been suffering from separation anxiety ever since I sold my 3717. Well, with the help of concepta and a few American greenbacks, the hole in my sole will soon be restored.

Over the last several years I bet I have had almost a dozen straps for this timepiece; calf, Kevlar, gator, croc and the like. I need a change and I want to try something new. Anyone have a favorite strap for this pilot that is a bit unusual?

He is a basic brown calf as seen on one of concepta's offspring.

IWCbrown.jpg

Thank you, vlydog

• 10 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hbui there,

I would really like to know where the strap in the first post is coming from. I have been looking for 21mm lug straps for ages but they are difficult to find.

Up to now I have found straps at Bob straps (waccex.de), The Watch Boys, Peter straps (google it, seem to be great Alligator straps). But most have either croc straps, pilot straps or rather uninspired calf straps - nothing like the pic below.

Getting itchy for the return of a long lost friend. I have been suffering from separation anxiety ever since I sold my 3717. Well, with the help of concepta and a few American greenbacks, the hole in my sole will soon be restored.

Over the last several years I bet I have had almost a dozen straps for this timepiece; calf, Kevlar, gator, croc and the like. I need a change and I want to try something new. Anyone have a favorite strap for this pilot that is a bit unusual?

He is a basic brown calf as seen on one of concepta's offspring.

Thank you, vlydog

This is random but I honestly believe this. The 3717 is the most beautiful watch on the planet, for me..

It fits like a glove, looks so easy on the eye, has everything you need and is just wow. I really need this again. I have been through a gen and three reps, and cannot understand why I ever let go of them...

Hi there

I got one of those for sale. Even if you want it new, I posted the link. It's a Toshi strap.

Hope that helps. :)

Val.

Hi Val. What width is the Toshi strap that you have (I see it's 20 now...)? I see that Toshi only makes 20 and 22mm straps. Could you post pics of the straps on the watch? I am afraid that there will be a gap between the lugs and the strap. Thanks!

Hi Val. What width is the Toshi strap that you have (I see it's 20 now...)? I see that Toshi only makes 20 and 22mm straps. Could you post pics of the straps on the watch? I am afraid that there will be a gap between the lugs and the strap. Thanks!

Hi

I'll go see if I've some stock pics somewhere. There was no large gap, the strap was fine for the 3717. Toshi makes all straps on demand, so you can order any size you want.

Edit: Sorry, no stock pic and I don't feel like unmounting the bracelet (it's a [censored] :lol:). By holding it to the lugs I checked once more: There's a very small gap between lugs and bracelet but it fits fine. 21mm would def. be too wide as it's a very sturdy leather.

Val.

Edited by valerian