When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What

Bobbywaingro

Trying to resize my UPO bracelet. Broke 3 pin tools and eventually threw the bracelet in the bin.

Dam I almost forgot :g: I tried to remove a few links from my Omega PO. Again I knew absolutely nothing about watches or bracelets when I arrived here, back to the bracelet. I tryed to remove the links from the lugs Instead of the clasp, the bracelet was runied :wounded1: I have sized many bracelets sence then but I will never forget the royal($65.00) F up. :angry: Mike

My wife made the biggest mistake today. EMS tried to deliver my gen Steelfish to me today BUT SHE DIDN'T OPEN THE DOOR BECAUSE I HAVE TOLD HER NOT TO DO THAT WHEN SHE'S ALONE AT HOME. God only knows where the package is right now... probably travelling all the way back to US.

Not her fault though. OF COURSE, BEING THE IDIOT THAT I AM, I HADN'T TOLD HER THAT I'M EXPECTING SOMETHING. :bangin:

Buying a "Chronograph" from eBay to find when it arrives it isn't - chronograph dials tell day and date that are set with the pushers.

It ran about 20 seconds a day slow ...... but I couldn't get up enough enthusiasm to take the back off and speed it up..... however my son loves it, so it belongs to him now.

Thankfully it didn't cost a great deal.

My brother once tried to replace the lens back into his watch .......... with a mallet!!!! Needless to describe what happened!

Ah well, back to the adverts,

Cheers, DR

I´m a little bit scared about this issue cus i´m waiting for my PO to arrive (damn that chinese new year).

What you want to do, is get a pair of needlenose pliars, a sewing machine needle, and a small tack mallet.

Use the pliars to snap off the point of the needle, so you get a tab like this:

DSCN2941.jpg

Put the pliars on a firm work surface with the opening of the wire-stripper upwards.

Rest the bracelet 'edge on' on the top of the pliars so the 'open end' (which can look like a screw) of the pin is over the opening of the wire-stripper (You may wish to remove the bracelet from the watch prior to this move, and you may wish to put a layer of tape on the side of the bracelet to prevent it scuffing on the pliars)

Take the modified needle, put the tip of the point against the end of the pin, and give the top of the needle tab a gentle tap (very gentle if bracelet is still on the watch) Keep tapping till the needle pushes the pin through a little way (you may need to hit it a bit harder) then use the needlenose pliars to pull the pin free :)

Repeat the above steps till you have removed as many pins as needed to resize the bracelet :)

Worst mistake I made was opening my first mechanical movement, and actually putting it back together as a working watch.

Ever since I've had these delusions of graduer, thinking that somehow I'm qualified to work on watches. NOT !! :thumbdown:

My worst mistake was taking my first hit on a crack pipe, then finding out that there was a crack forum with other addicts willing to feed my addiction and tell stories about their addiction (they even take pictures of their drug induced fantasies and post them on this forum).

My kids laugh at me (except my son who snuck a hit when I wasn't looking and now he is addicted), my wife has given up on me when I'm sitting with mouse - I mean pipe - in my hand.

I'll never be the same.

JW