When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

16610 Insert

omgiv

I just got this insert for a 16610 Submariner and wanted to double check that it was genuine. I have no reason to believe that it isn't, but you never know these days. The 50 spacing looks very close to the edge and the 4 looks different that my SD. But I have seen 4's look like that on other genuine inserts. Let me know if the pictures aren't good enough to tell and I will see what I can do. Thanks!!!

DSC_0001-5.jpg

DSC_0002-2.jpg

DSC_0003-3.jpg

DSC_0004-3.jpg

DSC_0005-2.jpg

DSC_0006-3.jpg

looks NON GENUINE. pearl is too sloppy and font is too thick...numbers also crowd the edge too much. pearl also looks misaligned to the right . if it were gen it would be for the older style 16610 cause of the squared 4, so if it was sold as brand new right away that should tell you

yours looks like the aftermarket one I bought for $10 (right) compare with gen print and pearl (left)

post-10838-126688184911_thumb.jpg

Don't think it's genuine, but could be wrong. Could be the photography. It's the older version with trapezoidal 4 in 40, though... and you don't see that in aftermarket inserts much. So we could all be wrong.

Here's the gen insert I put in my 16610 with lug holes. It's the correct older insert, which also has the trapezoidal 4, for the pre-F serial subs...

_MG_6395rsz.jpg

_MG_6381rsz.jpg

That is for sure not a gen insert. The numbers are the biggest flaw imho.

I hope you didn't pay too much for it...more like a $20 insert.

I wish Rolex had placed some better markings on the backside of the inserts to make them easier to determine gen.

Funny thing though...I bet that 99% of gen owners would not know the difference!

My biggest complaint is that most all of the aftermarket inserts have an incorrect "2". As the number goes over the top and then starts down next to the "0" it goes straight down almost to the middle of the "0". This is not correct. The gen insert just goes down about 1/5 of the way. I'm just picky, but I don't see why an aftermarket insert would not be correct, but none are.

Edited by preacher62

HI Guys,

The insert is indeed aftermarket. The person that sold it thought that it was genuine but realized it wasn't after I pointed out all of the things that you all saw. He is going to make it right, but I appreciate all of the input. It looked off in my eyes, but it is nice to have the expert opinions here. Thanks!!!!