When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

SA Blacksteel......BASEL2010! Oh-oh!

hiker01

I feel so bad for the Purists in the midst!!! :cry2:

breitlingavenegerseawol.jpg

Black, robust and highly technical. The most remarkable feature of the Breitling Avenger Seawolf Chrono Blacksteel, its magnetic pushpiece system, is hidden inside its case. With this exclusive, patented device, the watch can be activated through the metal case without any direct mechanical contact. As most chronographs cannot be used when diving, this device means that the Avenger Seawolf Chrono is the only instrument of its kind that is totally water-resistant and functional to a record depth of 1,000 metres. Its SuperQuartz TM movement - another exclusive Breitling creation - guarantees a precision ten times greater than ordinary quartz movements; it measures times to 1/10 of a second and indicates intermediary times. Limited series of 2,000.

Technical Specifications

Movement

Thermocompensated SuperQuartz TM, Breitling 73 calibre, COSC-certified

Functions

Hours, minutes, seconds, date, split-seconds chronograph, direction memory

Case

Steel with ultra-resistant carbon coating, 45.4 mm

[censored] with compass card for memorising directions - above and below water

Ratcheted unidirectional rotating bezel

Convex sapphire crystal, anti-reflective coating on both sides

Water-resistant to 1000 m

Dial

Volcano black

Luminescent hourmarkers and hands

12-hour chronograph counter at 10 o'clock; 1/10-second counter at 2 o'clock

Central direct-drive seconds-hand and split-seconds hand

Date at 4 o'clock

Bracelet/Strap

Black Diver Pro rubber or Ocean Racer with holes

S R Price: $5015

Read the PDF for more info!

I have 2 Tags, one a rep, that count to 1/10th of a second.

And have a Casio Waveceptor, the one used in the last Bourne movie, that can do the same and give me average lap times, itermediate laptimes and it updates it's self every night around 1am! All for the princely sum of

Sooo... the chrono pushers don't actually physically push in.. they're like touch sensisitive? I'm not sure I get the concept... :g:

They push in, its just that they do not pass completely through the case like a conventional pusher. I believe they use magnets to accomplish this. The end result is that it is the only chrono that is fully functional at extreme depths.

Sooo... the chrono pushers don't actually physically push in.. they're like touch sensisitive? I'm not sure I get the concept... :g:

There is a small powerful magnet inside each of the chrono pusher. When the pusher is pressed it moves the magnet closer to another magnet that is held inside of the case. This causes pressure against the chrono start/stop/reset circuits on the movement. Remember magnets repel each other when the same poles oppose one another. This repelling causes the added pressure needed to function the chrono when the pusher is depressed.

Since there is no hole drilled through the case for a traditional chrono pusher to pass through, no water can get into the case during chrono usage.

I have 2 Tags, one a rep, that count to 1/10th of a second.

And have a Casio Waveceptor, the one used in the last Bourne movie, that can do the same and give me average lap times, itermediate laptimes and it updates it's self every night around 1am! All for the princely sum of

@Thogaa --> i agree...looks like a Citizen Nighthawk or one of the many other complicated-i-want-to-look-cool department store chronos... :black_eye:

i vote for a non-chrono simple arabic dial Seawolf Blacksteel...keep it simple and stealthy...OR strap with DLC deployment... :thumbsupsmileyanim:

but seriously, let me understand this concept...you are diving with a $5000 Breitling in depths of water up to 1000m...and you use the chronos for what?!... :snorkel:

"As most chronographs cannot be used when diving, this device means that the Avenger Seawolf Chrono is the only instrument of its kind that is totally water-resistant and functional to a record depth of 1,000 metres."

don't think it's the only watch that has chrono functions when diving - see Jaeger-LeCoultre Master Compressor Diving Chronograph.

albeit more $$$.