When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

The Unveiling, The Real James Bond, 6538a!

rbj69

well its been time consuming but here it is, all put together , note the big white bubbled second hand, the 8mm brevet crown, gilt hands , these r the things that really accent this watch and make it more attractive to the eye, i call it the Holy Grail of the subs and one of the rarest ones made, keep in mind the pic of the one in the book is brand new so the markers r whiter , i chose to make mine look a little aged , so the color is a bit more patina and the insert is a bit duller and the case has been refinished to give u that minty factory look , so what do u think ? enjoy! which is the best picture of it,? this one is hard to take pics of cause of the domed crystal

inspired by lawendamn, nanug , euno!!!

319-8127.jpg

319-8128.jpg

319-8129.jpg

319-8130.jpg

319-8131.jpg

319-8132.jpg

SOME WRIST SHOT, AND SIDE SHOTS OF THE BREVET AND THE PROFILE!!

319-8133.jpg

319-8134.jpg

319-8135.jpg

319-8136.jpg

• 6 months later...
Nice vintage sub :)

These can still be had from the right MBW/WM source ;)

No CG's to mod either :p

yeah but not with that nice vintage 8mm brevet crown and big bubble second hand , lol :winkiss:

and thanks i figured some would enjoy looking at this piece

joe

yeah but not with that nice vintage 8mm brevet crown and big bubble second hand , lol :winkiss:

and thanks i figured some would enjoy looking at this piece

joe

Yes your mods do add the extra authenticity to the watch for sure :)

The watch Bond wore is slightly different to this one though, I will add a link when I get back from work.

ive changed this watch around so many times to get it right its crazy , lol also i didnt like the bezel insert/bezel on the one u see above so i installed a michael young one from classic watch parts on it since this one(much better) , this is the variation i felt looked the best however , especially seeking that very slightly well aged look but well kept

also keep in mind the picture in the book right beside it , that was taken on purpose for comparison as well

joe

The watch IS a fantastic replication of that photo from the book, no doubt :)

This is the watch I would call the "Bond" watch though:

133400-18670.jpg

That photo is direct from the movie :D

I was told by a MBW supplier that he could get one just like the one from the movie. He sent me pictures of the watch too! ( Which I no longer have :( ) The only difference was the MBW version had the 15 minute marker ticks on the bezel and maybe the crown.

Cheers -_-

• 3 weeks later...

yes the pic u show is the one most call the bond(the movie with red indices and lasers, lol), but if u do a bit more research u will see this is the one they call the original bond (really the original sub) and one of the hardest to find in genuine , reason is because it is basically the birthplace of the subs we have and love today

ive changed this watch around so many times to get it right its crazy , lol also i didnt like the bezel insert/bezel on the one u see above so i installed a michael young one from classic watch parts on it since this one(much better) , this is the variation i felt looked the best however , especially seeking that very slightly well aged look but well kept

also keep in mind the picture in the book right beside it , that was taken on purpose for comparison as well

joe

In this link you will see the final product "WM Vintages" post