When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

904L steel?

Slan9e

A seller near me tells me that he has a sub replica made from 904L steel.

I told him that im not new in the game and, as far as i knew, a replica with that steel has yet to be made.

He responded very quickly and told me that his indeed was 904, but he'll have the watch in ten days or so, and he agreed to meet and show me the watch.

Any ideas, is it possibly true?

Any ways of figuring if he tells the truth?

Thank you

Slan9e

(if he tells the truth i guess i can pick 2-3 pieces if someone is intrested)

My point too..

but he seemed very comfortable with showing me the watch (which he named: japanese version 4, cnc & laser cut etc)

so apart from colour is there any other way to know, the difference in color should be easy noticeable?

It would be nice if he spoke the truth though, wouldnt it?

Of course it exists

www.rolex.com

Hey fake.. i think the question is whether 904 is available on any replicas. The answer is NO.. there is no replica with 904L steel. Rolex is the only manufacturer to use the steel in the production of their watches. Most Gen manufacturers and replicas use 316L or 316f(new DSSD for example). Your friend obviously didnt get his watch from a trusted member here on the board if he thinks his replica is going to have 904L steel. Rolex is THE ONLY watch manufacturer that uses this steel. You'll have to convince your friend to join our community and acquire some real knowledge before making his next purchase. I hope he didn't get too ripped off! :whistling:

Guys,

He aint my friend (if he was i would already have posted pictures for us all to see and judge :victory: ), he's just a dealer near me.

@ fakey I got the joke no bad feelings here :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Anyway i'll arrange a meeting with him, and rest assured if its anything remotely worthwhile i will post pictures.

I know im a dreamer but i hope there is something to see.. (at least a 316 steel rep worth mentioning)

Cheers

Slan9e

It's not that simple to see in person without some kind of chemical tests to make sure what type of steel it is.

What Bike Mikes tests shows is, the watch case isn't 316L at all. Unless tested we simply dont know what the heck type o steel the reps are made off.

In short, Bike Mikes test shows that an (in his test case rolly) rep is assembled from parts, probably from different manufacturers, using various types of steel to manufacture.

Considering the shade/niche of the rep biz it most is likely they will use any type of steel to get the final product out that makes the money regardless...