When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Review: SOSF

dovo1695

looking at my white dial SOSF from t4d, i can tell you mine is similar to hammy1's...

one thing to notice is that on the SOSF "lite" from t4d, the "40" markers on the bezel aren't as nicely spaced - with the "4" almost touching the tick mark...the white dial does have really nice concentric circles that are very noticeable - nice!...the "15" on the dial comes reallllly close to the silver date window - not as nicely spaced...the crystal has a very light AR coating - very light - that does work well with this white dial...mine also has the arrow seconds hand...the lume is green uncharged...

all in all - a nice watch...not the best - but a great value piece...

R-

img2300medium.jpg

sosfwhite.jpg

img2295medium.jpg

img2317medium.jpg

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

re: Bezel/pearl...I've gone over these pix a number of times and find that the t4d model has the pearl of the "ultimate" Swiss version, yet has the bezel engravings of the less expensive Asian fish...The less expensive Asian fish version has engravings closer to the gen and "ultimate" Swiss, IMO, yet has a larger, less accurate pearl...the t4d model is hybrid...

Also - as previously stated, the t4d model's bezel does not have the engraved "B" on its edge...

Lastly, the case of the t4d model is similar to the "ultimate" Swiss version - notice the case/bezel edge near 9 where you can see the case extends past the bezel...

So clearly the t4d model; known then as the SOSF "lite" - long discontinued - is a hybrid...

I've also noticed the crystal on the Asian fish is slightly domed and the t4d fish is not...not sure if the difference is sapphire versus mineral crystals or not...crystal is sapphire and lightly ar coated on the t4d "lite" fish...

BT -- is the crystal slightly domed on the "ultimate" fish or "flat"?

When i get a chance, i'll post some compare shots of the t4d asian "lite" model (white dial) and the "standard" asian model (blue dial)...

R-