When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Another Favourite Aussie Son Is Gone.

offshore

One of Australias favourite sons, Peter Brock, was killed in a rally accident today.

Brock, or " Peter Perfect" as he was known, was undoubtedly the finest touring car driver, we have seen in this country.

Quote from a newsmail.

"Brock is a nine-time winner of Australia's most prestigious racing event, the Bathurst 1000.

The 61-year-old father of three rose to national fame for his racing victories in the 70s and 80s, becoming known as "Peter Perfect" and evolving into a full-blown television personality.

After officially retiring in 1997, Brock made two return visits to Bathurst in 2002 and 2004 and returned to top-level touring car racing as a team owner of "Team Brock" in 2002 in the V8 Supercar category.

Before his last outing at Bathurst, the vegetarian Brock said he felt as though he had lived a 'blessed' life, but that things for a race driver could be tough also.

"Motor racing is a roller coaster, it can be very, very cruel and very, very kind," he said."

I for one, as a motor sport follower, am saddened at his passing.

But as we have seen this week, " If you live by the sword......................"

Offshore

RIP. Great drivers never dies, they just go faster in paradise circuit..

I have seen lot of friends injured in steet racing and circuit racing. One member of my family was dead in motorcycle racing some years ago.

We all know there is a risk. I go four time a year to the nurburgring nordschleife in germany and this circuit is something like bathurst but bigger beacause it takes 9 or 10 minutes to complete a lap (23 kilometers). I know it's dangerous.. i know i can be seriously injured...but i must go to the nurburgring, it's like a drug.

Brocky's dead......hard to believe....I watched him on countless ocassions....Tooheys 1000......Bathurst......the big Holdens and Fords......Skylines......as a former owner of a highly modded RS500 Cossie.......I loved watching the Aussie touring cars.......Brocky will be sorely missed.......!