When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Refreshed Chopard GTXL

plaifender

Got a new strap for the GTXL yesterday. After 25 minutes and 3 ruined spring bars later.. i finally got this summumma bich installed. Since these GTXLs have the weird lugwidth of 23mm... i bought 24mm strap and squeezed it on.. i couldn't do it without roughing up the leather a little.. (damn shame) but it still looks aweomse.. and one i clip the roughed up leather around the lugs it'll look cleaner :)

Honestly never wear this watch, and with this refresh it really brings it back to life and makes me want to start wearing it again!

The strap is a calf skin preforated racing strap. I was gonna get the popular Aviator pro strap but watchworx sold out of the red 24mm version in Jan. Oh well.. This is better looking and haven't seen anyone with this combo yet.. so that means I can be original for once!

On with the pics:

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1600.jpg

IMG_1644.jpg

IMG_1698.jpg

IMG_1593.jpg

IMG_1590.jpg

Thanks for lookin :)

Thanks for all the compliments guys! i really like the strap as well it just took me frickin forEVER to get the strap on the watch since the strap is 1mm wider than the lugwidth...The leather was new and stiff and not wanting to give at all! But in the end i got it on.. even thought i frayed the leather a bit.. I'll clip that frayed part soon and it'll look perfect :-) Another thing I found out the hard way is that the deployant strap hole button should be unscrewed and placed in the correct hole.. and not forced in, like it can be with the flexible rubber! Took me about 2 minutes of trying to force the metal button through the tiny leather hole to figure out it unscrewed.... ;)

@Fizz:

The watch has a 44mm dial. Since the bezel is so thing.. the dial face makes it look larger.. but it certainly wears no bigger than my UPO or Blacksteel.. Plus it's fairly light in comparison to my divers and blacksteel. Had this watch for almost 3 years and I have to say that it's definitely been reborn!

Wow, looks superb dude! I've been wanting to get a blue dial for sometime. Where did you get yours from?

Robo

Thanks a lot Robo, You might want to adjust your monitor setting because the dial on this watch is definitely BLACK and not blue :) When you ask me where I got "mine" from.. are you talking about the watch or the strap? I got the watch almost 3 years ago. I don't remember the dealer.. but i think it's from Josh. I just got the new strap last week from strappedfortime ;)

Thanks a lot Robo, You might want to adjust your monitor setting because the dial on this watch is definitely BLACK and not blue :) When you ask me where I got "mine" from.. are you talking about the watch or the strap? I got the watch almost 3 years ago. I don't remember the dealer.. but i think it's from Josh. I just got the new strap last week from strappedfortime ;)

Ah, what I meant was that I like your black dial and I have been wanting one with a blue dial :)

I was asking about where you got the watch from cuz I figured that the quality must be pretty good if it's still going strong after 3 years!

Ah, what I meant was that I like your black dial and I have been wanting one with a blue dial :)

I was asking about where you got the watch from cuz I figured that the quality must be pretty good if it's still going strong after 3 years!

Ahh I get it! I don't think that there's any chopard available with a Blue dial.. at least of the GTXL series... your choices are limited to black, white and grey...... :(

Ahh I get it! I don't think that there's any chopard available with a Blue dial.. at least of the GTXL series... your choices are limited to black, white and grey...... :(

Really? Maybe that's why I can't find anyone selling it lol. How about this model here?

th_gtxl_blue.jpg

Does this model actually exist or is it just some rep maker's creation?

Really? Maybe that's why I can't find anyone selling it lol. How about this model here?

th_gtxl_blue.jpg

Does this model actually exist or is it just some rep maker's creation?

It exists... i would never buy it personally with a bracelet... but it's the same watch as mine. It's a black dial. But the photo is horrilbe. This watch has a semi-strong bluish AntiReflective tint on the crystal.... for that the glass can sometimes be a little blued. But the dial is black on the model in your picture :)

It exists... i would never buy it personally with a bracelet... but it's the same watch as mine. It's a black dial. But the photo is horrilbe. This watch has a semi-strong bluish AntiReflective tint on the crystal.... for that the glass can sometimes be a little blued. But the dial is black on the model in your picture :)

Oh I see... it's the AR tint :)

Yeah it doesn't look good with a bracelet at all. Leather is the only way to go for MMs. Thanks for the info dude! Otherwise, I'll still be searching for a non-existent blue dial GT XL!