When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Correct Pre-A and Pre-V Hand sets

fishgodeep

Just to update everybody - production is finished and I am due to receive the hands within the next 7-10 days - please see pictures below

Quick summary of the variations on Pre-V / Pre-A Tritium hands to standard L hands in case anyone is not sure

- Lume strip is wider on both hour and minute hand

- Lume strip extends further into the tip

- Hour hand cap has slightly larger diameter most noticeable when mounted beneath the minute hand

- Matt finish - almost charcoal grey in some direct lighting

- Edge or frame of "leaf" on small seconds hand is thinner with larger lume area.

The lume colour is actually pantone matched to the ivory/creamish shade as per my first batch of lumed 201/A dials etc although in the photograph here it looks much whiter.

NewPre-VHandsHM12June2010.jpg

NewPre-VHandsSec12June2010.jpg

ORDERING

PLEASE don't contact me directly on these as I want to approach distribition in a different manner with these hands

I am so busy with my day job at present it would crucify my remaining social life if I attempted to service orders for these 200 sets of hands individually. Just responding to PM,s ,emails , communication of shipping refs etc let alone the trips to the post office and waiting whilst every address is typed in!!

You'd end up waiting an age for your hands and generate more and more PM's and emails along the way for us both.

So this is the plan to get these to everybody as quickly as possible

- Release 100 sets of hands initially

- I will service all EU orders for UK - price per set is

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks W0lf ...SAA is on my list of respected customers , keeping it in the family is always good :)

Initial enquiries sound good - pricing is not unreasonable either as I'd expect to offer a lumed hand set for less than $50 shipped ....but lets wait and see

Cheers

Simon

Thanks all

A clear picture if forming now:

- Thicker lume fill , thinner sides on H&M

- Longer lume extending into the tip more on H&M

- Wider (3.0mm) diameter on the hour hand where it connects with the hour wheel.

- On the small seconds hand - thinner sides , larger lume area , smaller tail dot than std rep hands

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Cheers

FGD

I personally think the second hand is the biggest difference from Gen. It just has a great vintage outline that defines the hand in my opinion compared to any rep hand.

These are gen hands and when I got them the seller(big Risti Pam parts seller) mentioned they looked more PReV than the other hands he had that were for sale with a 00 dial.( SO I will take his word, since I never asked him about PreV)

And yes the 1st post of mine are GENS. This post is YOur 205A Dial Simon and gen hands :)) Uncanny resemblance!

DSCN1435-2.jpg

Thanks all

A clear picture if forming now:

- Thicker lume fill , thinner sides on H&M

- Longer lume extending into the tip more on H&M

- Wider (3.0mm) diameter on the hour hand where it connects with the hour wheel.

- On the small seconds hand - thinner sides , larger lume area , smaller tail dot than std rep hands

I know what I'm doing this weekend!

Cheers

FGD

Sheesh, just when you think you have all the Pre-V bases covered dry.gif

Awesome project Simon. You know I'll be down for some.

runs to watch box to check all of his Pre-V and Pre-A PAM hand sets......

I never noticed this difference and kudos to the fanatic that did victory.gif

I'm not sure I recall ever seeing a correct Rep handset now that I see this....

Guest avitt

This is some great news! Can actually source an FGD dial(s) and hands at one

location. I'm always down for some high quality FGD products!!!

And, if FGD's lume selections agree with you (as they always do with me), then there won't a need to have the dial or hands relumed - Saving time and money :thumbsupsmileyanim: