When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

What Do Our Dealers Do For Us?

Pugwash

Not only is this a good thread, it is probably THE thread.

Hey TTK, you know yer my bud, but for all your fancy writing, and not to be like an english teacher, but elipses (those "..." things you love), are supposed to be only three (...) periods long. It's one of my pet peeves--I'm sure no one else cares. Try an eM dash (—) to mix things up. Maybe theres just a longer pause between your thoughts than everyone else.

Eat a shroom for me bud.....................................flame away.

Plus I sent you a price and/or availability request a few days ago--PM and email. Get back to me.

I wanted to add that recently I've had some slippery dealings with one of the higher rated dealers around here. I eventually got satisfaction and it ended on a good note (I'm a little hesitant to even post this), but there were a few times during the long ordeal worth mentioning where ALL responsibility was attempted to be saddled on my shoulders. I had to do a lot of leg work to find out what happened to a lost shipment that after a month and a half got delivered as an empty open box. It started with getting a slighty damaged watch. The dealer was not going to take any responsibility--no replacement or refund. I mentioned being an RWG member and that got a replacement shipped that went MIA at customs. I called them, they said they didn't have it. So they said a tracer had to be put on it in the country of origin. The dealer had it set in his mind that it was going to show up, and didn't believe any of the info I was relaying, that could have been easily confirmed with a couple calls. weeks passed and in frustration I asked for a refund, I just wanted it over with. Dealer said he will ship again instead, over a weeks time I kept trying to get the new tracking number. Eventually he sent me the old tracking number. He in fact did not send a replacement and did not deny lying about shipping another out. I got a full refund soon after that, everythings fine. but the feeling I was left with is that this dealer assumed I was a scammer from the beginning. "there was absolutey no way I sent out a damaged watch" (It was a small cosmetic flaw, that I didn't even catch till admiring it for a few minutes). Then I had to chase down these packages, and when I did get info that it was missing and not on it's way, or held up in customs, dealer just didn't believe it--he was willing to wait months before doing anything. If not for a lot of work and soft threats and deadlines on my part this wouldn't have ended amicably. It was an unusual postal problem admittably...that's probably why I'm alone in this review.

Pulling teeth twas. Slow or unwilling to act, cynical. I don't know am I wrong? Should I be willing to wait 2 or 3 months to get an order? Assuming the flaw happened during shipping (which I don't think is the case because it was well wrapped), should I have to be stuck with a damaged watch when the price I paid was for a perfect one? I figure I was at least entitled to a discount or something.

Edited by MJP

Personally as an accessory dealer on WT I would jump through hoops to get more traffic to my sales, I would even send buyers pic's of me jumping through hoops if they so desire. :lol:

I probably shouldn't have thrown in the little plug sorry :wounded1:

Ken

I've bought multiple watches from Jay & Angel, Trusty, Joshua and Eddie Lee, and only on two occassions have I not had to send the watch back for a replacement. I'm not going to say who and how many times but I've spent a bit on postage, which I'm quite happy to do actually. The point I'm trying to make is that every time something went wrong it was corrected, some times I needed to apply a bit more pressure but every transaction came to a happy conclusion and I would not hesitate to order from any of those guys again.

I think that's what I'm looking for. Dealers who understand that things sometimes go wrong and are willing to work with you to correct it. I'm also very polite, and very patient with my dealings which goes a long way, and have never asked the dealers to refund me for return postage.

I would also not hesitate to purchase from some of the other dealers such as River, Neil etc... based on their reviews and standing in this community.

One dealer that I was extremely tempted to do business with, and had a few e-mail conversations with was Luckyyy. I was about to send the money off, but did a bit more research here, TRC and RWI and on balance decided that it wouldn't be very wise. I think that was a good decision.

So, anyway, I want dealers to have 1. Good products fairly priced. 2. Be willing to work to solve issues that may arise. 3. Good communication