When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Sinn U1 with gen SDR bezel

Whatever123

Hi,

I always loved the Sinn U1 - and when I found one in RGs sales area for under 100 Euros I jumped on it...

I think it's a pretty good rep, AR is great and it seems to be really close to the gen. Unfortunately the bezel isn't very good. The painted numbers somehow scream "FAKE"... :thumbdown:

As I liked the black bezel SDR version better anyway, I decided to buy a gen bezel. They go for 250 Euro... :black_eye:. Well, I found a new one that was a bit cheaper but nontheless... quite an investment in a 100 Euro rep.

But I think it was really worth it - the watch really looks gen now. And by the way, swapping the bezel was done in 2 minutes - unscrew the 4 tiny screws, take the old bezel off, fit the new one, screw tight again. Easy!

What do you think?

Cheers,

Whatever123

P.S.: The rubber strap is gen, too - you get them for just 30 Euros (without the clasp)!

So this is a gen strap? The one thing I don't like really about my U2, is the strap. The rep strap attracts too much dust. Is the gen any better?

Hi!

The strap still attracts some dust - but I've definitely seen worse rubber straps. It's OK for me. And for 30 Euros it's probably worth a shot...

Cheers,

W.

So this is a gen strap? The one thing I don't like really about my U2, is the strap. The rep strap attracts too much dust. Is the gen any better?

the strap on my gen u2 is hands down my favorite rubber strap of any brand -- definitely well worth the money imho.

deltatahoe

• 2 weeks later...