When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Date Window Mod?

Martyd3

As in for a A7750 dial to be used with the 7753 movement? "Slightly" is about 2-3mm. Your DW will be so wide that you will see the teeth of the Date Wheel.

Here is a overlay of a Pam 250 I did with 7753 and A7750 w/ 3,6,9 subdial layout.

The "20" in the DW is the A7750.

Pam250Overlay.jpg

As in for a A7750 dial to be used with the 7753 movement? "Slightly" is about 2-3mm. Your DW will be so wide that you will see the teeth of the Date Wheel.

Here is a overlay of a Pam 250 I did with 7753 and A7750 w/ 3,6,9 subdial layout.

The "20" in the DW is the A7750.

Pam250Overlay.jpg

Nice work Mike, must be nice to have talent :good: I have the same rep and It's one of my favorites, SDW and all. It was my first auto so It Is near and dear to my heart :wub: It Is also a very good rep Imho. Again nice work Mike :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

I had to do this on my Inge to get the date properly centered:

IMG_8615.jpg

If you go at it from the back side and angle it just right, it's not bad; touch up with a little black paint and what you see above is the finished result. Granted, I only had to remove a very small, minimal amount...

That is exactly what I need to do. I just need to take a little of of one side of the window to center the date. The particular dial is a Rolex and under a cyclops. I hope it works :)

I had to do this on my Inge to get the date properly centered:

IMG_8615.jpg

If you go at it from the back side and angle it just right, it's not bad; touch up with a little black paint and what you see above is the finished result. Granted, I only had to remove a very small, minimal amount...

I did go at It from the back side and I thought my angle was spot on. Well she still wont talk to me. :pardon:

That is exactly what I need to do. I just need to take a little of of one side of the window to center the date. The particular dial is a Rolex and under a cyclops. I hope it works :)

Marty- Be careful with that one. Since Rolex dials have a bevel around the date window, and because it's under a cyclops, any room for error goes out the window as those two factors will only pronounce the details.

I did go at It from the back side and I thought my angle was spot on. Well she still wont talk to me. :pardon:

Try more lube next time. Just when you think you have enough, add more :) It's critical for those kinds of situations...

oooooh - this is cool info...my 3-6-9 old skool arabic dial Navitimer has its date at 4.5...it comes with a small date window compared to the gen and a real lousy dw font...i picked up an eta 4.5 datewheel and plan to swap the old one out...it still won't be like the gen Navi's dw, but a step closer...it could benefit from a slight window expansion, too...but i do wonder if it might be noticeable on a dial that is smooth/matte versus patterned...but then again, the Navi dial is pretty busy, so it might not be that noticeable...hmmmmm...another potential project...R

Nice work Mike, must be nice to have talent :good: I have the same rep and It's one of my favorites, SDW and all. It was my first auto so It Is near and dear to my heart :wub: It Is also a very good rep Imho. Again nice work Mike :thumbsupsmileyanim: Mike

Thank you sir! :thumbsupsmileyanim: Really nothing but a little PS.

Isn't there just a little spring that is responsible for positioning of the date wheel? Can't seem to find a picture of what I mean. To re-center the date wheel could you not adjust the keeper spring? Seems a little less....permanent.....if something should go wrong.

Isn't there just a little spring that is responsible for positioning of the date wheel? Can't seem to find a picture of what I mean. To re-center the date wheel could you not adjust the keeper spring? Seems a little less....permanent.....if something should go wrong.

No... It's an actual wheel that is solidly in place, with teeth on the underside driven by a gear... there is no "slightly" moving the position unfortunately.