When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Latest project... 201a, first pics

projectologist

So this one has been floating around for awhile. It started with the case set that was part of a gen part-out with another member. He started to convert it to a 201a franken. He wasn't feeling a lot of love for it, so I offered to take it off his hands. He had a very good looking DSN dial in it, but the slightly smaller #'s and the slightly larger arrow logo bugged me. In with an FGD dial and slap on a correct Pre-V buckle/strap = a lot of love for me :D

Parts rundown so far...

gen case set

98% 1:1 Jakob(sp) case back

hands... standard rep issue, nicely aged in coffee by the previous owner

FGD dial

Swiss 6497 movement from Ofrei.com

Dirk strap with Pre-V correct buckle

Next upgrade... FGD is considering doing correct Pre-V hands :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Some quick phone pics in the driveway (just drove back from the previous owner's house where he did the dial transplant for me).

f201aa.jpg

f201ac.jpg

f201ab.jpg

Awesome. Did you have preV lugs drilled?

So this one has been floating around for awhile. It started with the case set that was part of a gen part-out with another member. He started to convert it to a 201a franken. He wasn't feeling a lot of love for it, so I offered to take it off his hands. He had a very good looking DSN dial in it, but the slightly smaller #'s and the slightly larger arrow logo bugged me. In with an FGD dial and slap on a correct Pre-V buckle/strap = a lot of love for me :D

Parts rundown so far...

gen case set

98% 1:1 Jakob(sp) case back

hands... standard rep issue, nicely aged in coffee by the previous owner

FGD dial

Swiss 6497 movement from Ofrei.com

Dirk strap with Pre-V correct buckle

Next upgrade... FGD is considering doing correct Pre-V hands :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim: :thumbsupsmileyanim:

Some quick phone pics in the driveway (just drove back from the previous owner's house where he did the dial transplant for me).

f201aa.jpg

f201ac.jpg

f201ab.jpg

I hear ya, that is why I asked. Especially since it is a gen case

Very nice

Thanks! That's definitely on my list. Since it started life as a gen case, I want to make sure I decide to keep it as a 201a and not make it into a more contemporary model.

Once I drill it out, there's no turning back :(