When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Doxa 1000T

dmueves

Seeing Lani's supersweet Doxa wristie this morning made me curious: what are people's thoughts on the reissues. The gens (not that there seems to be any kind of rep scene for them) seem like they're priced to move: the 1000T is available through their website for $1490. Anyone have any experience with the new Doxas out there?

D

(Funny, I am going down the same road :whistling:)

Personally, I love them. There was FUD going around about them not being 100% Swiss, not sure if at some point that was true, but looks like that rumor has been squashed. If you want a reliable, ETA based, genuine watch with a great heritage, and a warranty, go for it!

From Doxa:

DOXA

Guest avitt

I'd certainly consider buying a new reissue...But you can also do pretty well on the secondary market.

I picked up this 600T for $7-something. It had a damaged dial. Doxa sold me a new dial for $130, and I'm plenty happy. :thumbsupsmileyanim:

12232009654.jpg

great lum,,,nice case, crystal etc....IMO the only problem with the newer doxas is the screw down crown. I've had two or three 1000t, a 600t and the screw down crown was never very smooth...you had to do the counter turn first,,then screw down. However,,,with that said..nothing is like a Doxa...

The vintage Doxa's or any vintage models are not for everyone.. they are a different breed of watches ..imo

my first Doxa was a 600T graph.. and I still love it and have it in my rotation..

it is bulkier than the vintage models.. but not that much more than the 300T's..

snowflake017.jpg

snowflake018.jpg

I noticed too that Doxa has slashed their prices one their Web site.. I don't think you can go wrong with a Doxa..

Good luck in your choice..

AC/Lani