When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Repair/Servicing

adam.lee.88

Hey everyone,

I've got a couple reps which I got in 2007 which probably needs a servicing/oiling soon as I didn't do this when I first purchased them. I was wondering if anyone knows of a rep friendly watch smith or repair place in Hong Kong. One would think that with fake, pardon me, replica goods being sold in or around the city you'd have no trouble finding a rep friendly repair shop but most of the places I've seen either only do simple battery replacement jobs or are authorized dealers.

I also wouldn't mind mailing them out to any of the reputable dealers here on RWG as I'm assuming at least one of them must be based in HK.

If anyone's interested the watches I've got are;

Tag Link Chrono Asia 7750

Omega Planet Ocean 42mm 4th Gen ETA-2824

I suspect both need a little more than just a servicing as the Tag's chronograph second hand stops and halts the rest of the movement some 80% of the time when active and I went swimming in the ocean with the Omega like an idiot even though it wasn't waterproofed. They both still run great though with the exception of the Tag's chrono, despite me breaking nearly every commandment of the 7750 operation bible, a testament to the reliability and quality of the reps these days.

If anyone can help point me in the right direction to solve any of the above issues I'd greatly appreciate it. Thank you all in advance.

Welcome to RWG Adam :thumbsupsmileyanim: It's really not much different here In the States. I hate to say It but most of the members here know as much as a lot of these hole In the wall watch repair shops. I also share your enthusiasm In reguards to Replicas, and they seem to be getting better, for the most part anyway. Take a look In the "Watch repair and upgrade section". Im sure you will find what your looking for there. :D BTW I love the Asian 7750. I feel It's one of the best movements for the money on the planet. :good: Mike

Adam, with the Asian 7750 it is important that the watch repair guy has experience in servicing these Asian 7750. You might want to ask if they even have experience with the 7750 before you hand the goods over.

And besides, the dealers just sell, they don't service a watch.

good luck.

Damn, the more I read about how to maintain these watches the more I realize what I've been doing wrong.

I can hear the rotor turn as I hand wind my planet ocean with the 2824-2. I know this is a problem with the 7750s with the reversing wheel and wonder if this is what's happening on the 2824-2.

Now I'm leaning towards not doing anything until these things die. At $100 for a service from The Zigmeister plus I don't know how much to fix the sh*t I've messed up I could just buy a new rep or replace the entire movement later. What do you guys think ?

Now I'm leaning towards not doing anything until these things die. At $100 for a service from The Zigmeister plus I don't know how much to fix the sh*t I've messed up I could just buy a new rep or replace the entire movement later. What do you guys think ?

Your question has been discussed for over en over on this forum. It all depends what you want from a watch. If you want to have a perfect working movement, then service is your choice. If you replace the movement, you still will have a movement which is dirty and not proper oiled and regulated.

Your question has been discussed for over en over on this forum. It all depends what you want from a watch. If you want to have a perfect working movement, then service is your choice. If you replace the movement, you still will have a movement which is dirty and not proper oiled and regulated.

I like that Blacksteel Skyland with the brown strap hooky. Where'd you get that strap? :drool:

Man Adam, you are almost in the center of the universe being in Hong Kong! At least the watch making center of the universe. A lot of the rep dealers move between HK and GZ and certainly one of them could even point you in the right direction as to where to get a rep serviced. Andrew, Josh, Angus and Paul all come to mind. Take Andrew, aka Trustytime, he offers servicing on new reps- so he has a watchmaker- maybe in Ghangzhou, but there's got to be someone in HK. And prices have got to be better in HK than sending it anywhere else (except Asia).

Man Adam, you are almost in the center of the universe being in Hong Kong! At least the watch making center of the universe. A lot of the rep dealers move between HK and GZ and certainly one of them could even point you in the right direction as to where to get a rep serviced. Andrew, Josh, Angus and Paul all come to mind. Take Andrew, aka Trustytime, he offers servicing on new reps- so he has a watchmaker- maybe in Ghangzhou, but there's got to be someone in HK. And prices have got to be better in HK than sending it anywhere else (except Asia).

+1 Bulls eye :good: