When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
  • Current Donation Goals

Post chinese new year depression....

chad

Every year as far as I can remember around and after the new year has been an exciting time to see many new UNIQUE watches pop up on the cartel sites.

Its been junk and different versions of junk for as many months as I can remember.

Sure there is hope of the proplof etc but what is going on this season?

Are we finally out of watches to rep? Cartel catering more to the local chinese market and not our more discerning tastes?

I really dont believe the cartel has ever really catered to the boards so to speak, at least since "evolving". If we were such a driving force in the market, I think we'd see more participation by them. Maybe we're the worst type of customer.. The never satisfied know-it-alls.

Unfortunately Gran, I believe we are. I would bet that sales to all the Rep forum members combined are a tiny fraction of the total number of Replica watches sold. Another thing, we are probably the biggest pain in the butts to those guys, because we are never satisfied. For the most part we are all anal perfectionists where watches are concerned. When those guys sell a wholesale lot to a dealer on Canal Street, some other replica haven, they don't have to worry about disappointed customers, returns, critical write-ups on internet sites, they sell the watches and that's the end of the story. IN our case we put every model under a magnifying glass and pick it apart piece by piece

I know that there are a few dealers who specialize in really nice watches and small quanities, but I would bet that for the most part, a lot of the dealers secretly wish that we would go away.

Unfortunately Gran, I believe we are. I would bet that sales to all the Rep forum members combined are a tiny fraction of the total number of Replica watches sold. Another thing, we are probably the biggest pain in the butts to those guys, because we are never satisfied. For the most part we are all anal perfectionists where watches are concerned. When those guys sell a wholesale lot to a dealer on Canal Street, some other replica haven, they don't have to worry about disappointed customers, returns, critical write-ups on internet sites, they sell the watches and that's the end of the story. IN our case we put every model under a magnifying glass and pick it apart piece by piece

I know that there are a few dealers who specialize in really nice watches and small quanities, but I would bet that for the most part, a lot of the dealers secretly wish that we would go away.

That's a very interesting perspective, but probably quite accurate...

I have a feeling that if we were to add up all of the movie critics in the world (those that actually do it for a living and publish their findings on well known media outlets), we would not come up with a number large enough to impact Hollywood if all those movie critics never went to see a movie again. However, what they say and write does impact the movie industry greatly. They shape perceptions and push the industry to evolve. I think we work in a similar way.

The truth is that most folks that buy a replica on the street, or off a site, probably have no idea about most of the details we labor over. In fact, most customer service reps at most ADs throughout the world don't know the level of detail that many of us take for granted on any number of watches. I should know: I have been at ADs in Japan, Quatar, Dubai, New York, Florida, South America (various countries), etc. So, if we are not that consequencial, then why has the rep industry evolved to where it has now, particularly since 2006? The answer is likely that the little bit of knowledge that leaks out of here makes it to all kinds of mass media and social media over time. After a while, the word spreads and a lot of people find out a little of this and that. But, since the rep manufacturer does not know what the next customer will demand (one guy, a better bezel pearl, another AR coating, another a correct font on the date wheel, etc.), they are just better off replicating the item as close as possible to the real thing. We may not the best, nor the most lucrative customers. But, collectively, I bet that we do have an enormous impact on the rep industry, whether we realize it, or not.

I have a feeling that if we were to add up all of the movie critics in the world (those that actually do it for a living and publish their findings on well known media outlets), we would not come up with a number large enough to impact Hollywood if all those movie critics never went to see a movie again. However, what they say and write does impact the movie industry greatly. They shape perceptions and push the industry to evolve. I think we work in a similar way.

The truth is that most folks that buy a replica on the street, or off a site, probably have no idea about most of the details we labor over. In fact, most customer service reps at most ADs throughout the world don't know the level of detail that many of us take for granted on any number of watches. I should know: I have been at ADs in Japan, Quatar, Dubai, New York, Florida, South America (various countries), etc. So, if we are not that consequencial, then why has the rep industry evolved to where it has now, particularly since 2006? The answer is likely that the little bit of knowledge that leaks out of here makes it to all kinds of mass media and social media over time. After a while, the word spreads and a lot of people find out a little of this and that. But, since the rep manufacturer does not know what the next customer will demand (one guy, a better bezel pearl, another AR coating, another a correct font on the date wheel, etc.), they are just better off replicating the item as close as possible to the real thing. We may not the best, nor the most lucrative customers. But, collectively, I bet that we do have an enormous impact on the rep industry, whether we realize it, or not.

Very well written. I mostly agree.

The way I feel it... high end reps represent very small market (globally). 99% of the reps sold on the streets are junk. Stuff like WM9 and best and expensive "ultimate" versions are directed at WIS on the Internet. I doubt we are as insignificant as the previous posters think. Tens of thousands members combined (in all forums).

Do you believe that an average Joe would pay $300 for a fake watch? Or $500 because the better fake has nicer crown guards? Please! And A7750-powered watches aren't as cheap to manufacture as many people think. Remember that one guy on TRC who posted the China replica reports... it was VERY difficult to even find these watches from the replica capital of the world, Guangzhou.

I really dont believe the cartel has ever really catered to the boards so to speak, at least since "evolving". If we were such a driving force in the market, I think we'd see more participation by them. Maybe we're the worst type of customer.. The never satisfied know-it-alls.

+1

On a related point, forum members and WISs represent a group of passionate, deeply invested watch enthusiasts. We must remember that many rep makers are avid gen collectors, and they rely on these forums to solicit a critical eye about the watches being produced. If we can be satisfied, then there's a good case to make it would be successful on the market. They might actually save money in market research by having us around.